Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
David P
Suwanee, Georgia

Great views . Wonderful staff.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 5, 2023
We had a wonderful visit to this boutique hotel. The staff were excellent. Lovely views of the caldera and the town of Fira . Each day a room was made up. There’s a beautiful little vista at the entrance where you can sit and have a drink and watch the sun sunset. Very clean wonderful views, courteous staff. We had a wonderful visit. The breakfast was extra special every morning delivered to our veranda. There were robes and blankets available and the food it was delicious. One of the nicest places we’ve ever stayed.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$581
    C$886
0.0 km from Porto Fira Suites
View more hotels in Fira
All reviews the cliff each morning private balcony perfect view excellent breakfast watch the sunset few steps yogurt shops and restaurants luggage views santorini cruise dream
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2023

This hotel has a spectacular view of the caldera. We had a suite for three people. However, we were two: a queen-sized bed and a twin. The views were memorable, and the balcony was private. However, I do confirm some balconies were less intimate. I read the reviews complaining about all the steps. This is Santorini; there are steps everywhere. I need help understanding the complaints about the bad reviews on Tripadvisor. We had luggage porters that brought our luggage down all those 180 steps; the hotel was difficult to find. We had room 12, and we were pleased about it. The bathroom had no window. However, it wasn't a big deal. The beds were very comfortable. The room needed more storage and closets. There are no amenities at this hotel. The Breakfast is served in the room each morning; you choose your time of convenience the night before. The breakfast choices were limited, and it was okay. The fruits were a banana and an apple. They charged for cappuccino coffee; I believe it was five euros. We took the American coffee in the morning; it was free. They did have an espresso machine in the room, and the coffee was two euros.
The pool was small but perfect, with good-sized sunbeds and umbrellas. The pool water was not heated. It is an expensive hotel so you expect it to be perfect. We had three hiccups during our stay; one day, the pool was closed because of a repair, and I had to get upset about it for them to find a solution on our pool day. We went next door to the Athena Hotel, a lovely place with a heated pool, but the rooms are less likable than at Porto FiraSuites. A few times, we did not have any water in the room, bathroom faucet and shower, so we had to call the reception. When I checked out, the young lady at the reception asked if I wanted to leave a tip for the reception and the cleaners. This has never happened to me in my thirty-five years of travelling. I found that rude. Last, we called a transfer to the port for ten-forty in the morning; they asked us to be at the top of the stairs at 10:40 a.m. We were three families and waited over thirty minutes for the third family. We were unhappy; it cost 120$ euros for three families for a thirty-minute ride. I will repeat it: the transfers and taxis are greedy in Greece. I liked the manager Penelope she did everything to make us happy. She was sweet and genuinely cared that guests were happy

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank NancyLope
Reviewed September 1, 2023 via mobile

We didn’t stay here - looked stunning though - but were at the Scirocco just next door. This place is a hidden gem away from the crazy crowds above in Fira. We ate and drank here a number of times as it had the most stunning small bar/dining area with fabulous views across the Caldera. The food was delicious! Fresh, reasonably priced with good portion sizes in a very chilled and relaxed atmosphere. We absolutely loved it. The 2 guys working there were very friendly too and helpful! One of my favourite places ever I think!

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2023

I've always felt guilty because I never left a review for Porto Fira Suites.

I know it's a long time ago and the owners then probably stll aren't there although they were youngsters!

We were there in May 2010 and it was a wonderful wee hotel.

It's a bit down from the main street if you need to carry your suitcases but we hadn't known that they're happy to carry your cases from the bus down to that fabulous view.

Our room had an absolutely wonderful view with a balcony and everything you needed. The bed was maybe a tad hard as it is lying on a volcanic floor so hopefully they've invested in some thicker mattresses. Wasn't really a problem; just a note.

We had booked for 4 nights and the hotel is just brilliant, ie in the middle of the restaurants, views, etc. with no smell of the donkeys.

On the second day we decided to book the yacht (the name of the company I honestly can't remember but they were brilliant).

After a wonderful time for 3 hours or so on the yacht and climbing up the volcano, we arrived back around 7.00 in the evening.

My knees are stuffed so I tend to charge off downwards. My wife tries to keep up but can't. Unfortunately she tried too hard this time, fell on the way down, and, after an horrific time (in the so-called hospital with the worst nurses I have ever come across) my wife managed to receive 17 stitches.

Major panics of course as there was no way we could stay in Fira. Back to the hotel and I told them we had to leave two days earlier.

They were absolutely terrific. Got a chap to take the bags up to the taxi and cancelled the last two days' payments.

We managed to get a flight to Athens to a proper hospital where my wife received tremendous attention.

Before that we had booked a Fira tour with a so-called travel agency. Must have a look and see if I can find them. Naturally we had to cancel that tour but they were absolutely disgusting and refused to even pay back a small amount.

Porto Fira Suites?

Wonderful.

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2023

Stay for the view! We enjoyed our family suite at Porta Fira. The room was very large, modern and clean with comfortable beds, jaw dropping views and a fantastic rain shower. The king bed felt like memory foam and I slept very comfortably each night. My kids enjoyed their twin beds in the living room and slept well. It was nice to have a lot of space to spread out. The bathroom was laid out well with two sinks, two closets, robes, slippers, water closet and separate rain shower. Our balcony was semi private and we enjoyed breakfast with a view each morning. The pool was greatly appreciated after long days. Our family suite was close to 80 steps from the lobby so not for those with disabilities. The hotel did an amazing job getting our luggage up and down the stairs. No easy task. The air conditioning worked great and the room is very much soundproof. Fira can be lively at night and once we closed the windows we couldn’t hear the music. Breakfast was delivered on time and delicious. I would stay here again given the clean and modern accommodations, amazing sunset and caldera views and easy access to great dining!

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Penelope Baltayian, General Manager at Porto Fira Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2023

Dear Christy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Porto Fira Santorini with the readers on TripAdvisor in such vivid detail!
Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than to know how you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We will continue to do our very best for the comfort and satisfaction of our guests.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Porto Fira Santorini Team

Reviewed June 26, 2023

This small hotel has great rooms, spectacular views, excellent breakfast and wonderful location. However, the real highlight is the wonderful warm staff. They are so kind and helpful. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Penelope Baltayian, General Manager at Porto Fira Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2023

Dear Bendsley,

Thank you for your lovely review!
We truly appreciate your warm feedback and that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer, from our location to our facilities and breakfast options.
We are also happy to read your comments about our team, a pleasant and carefree experience is our top priority.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,