Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jon V

Amazing location, views, and overall stay!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 14, 2024
Amazing hotel, service, and location! The only issue was the AC but it wasn't too warm so we survived. The breakfast was great and the rooms were very comfortable. Views were stunning. Will recommend Porto Fira to anyone thinking of going to Santorini!
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Lots of stairs
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
C$221
  • Algotels
0.1 km from Porto Fira Suites
Free Wifi
Two hot tubs in the upper deck. One belongs to senior and the other to the superior suite
0.7 km from Porto Fira Suites
    C$354
    C$495
2.8 km from Porto Fira Suites
View more hotels in Fira
All reviews the cliff each morning private balcony perfect view excellent breakfast watch the sunset few steps yogurt shops and restaurants luggage views santorini cruise dream
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2024

Let me save you the time and stress of trying to pick the best place to stay in Santorini, because I already went through it.

Like you, I was looking for the best views, walkability to town/shops/restsurants, and yet I wanted an impressive room and cool decor. I also needed space for a family of four (2 adults and 2 teens)…of course, all at a reasonable price considering the “wish list”.

I found it all…and more at Porto Fira Suites!

From the initial, friendly communication prior to our arrival to the absolutely amazing service they provided to us during our stay, the staff alone is a reason to stay here! I need to make sure I acknowledge Penelope, Angela, and Tina as they deserve to be recognized. They hired and negotiated a car for us, told us every excellent restaurant to try (informing us of one just as they had heard that it had opened for the season that day), places to visit, and providing me an excellent bottle of wine just in time for the amazing sunset…seen right from the balcony of my room overlooking the volcano (no need to go anywhere!—we went to see sunsets at a few locations but still enjoyed them from the tranquil spot of our large balcony.)

I did see some of the other top hotels I researched and I was so pleased with my choice!

Fira is definitely the preferred town and has more going on in my opinion with shops and restaurants.

At Porto Fira Suites, the breakfast is so impressive. They bring it too you every day based on the time you tell them. You can choose from such wonderful selections, and multiple categories. We looked forward to it every day and switched out some of our choices to try different things. The whole island lost electricity one day yet Porto Fira Suites still got us breakfast without skipping a beat. Compliments to the Chef!

There are many choices in Santorini and I looked and looked but now that I’ve been to Porto Fira Suites and experienced the hospitality, cleanliness and amazing views and architecture/decor of the hotel…I know I made the best decision. My entire family agreed, even the kids!

Room tip: Lots of steps, but there are steps everywhere! The hotel has bellhops to help carry your baggage—just to be safe, contact to arrange.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2023 via mobile

Wonderful staff! The suite was beautiful, had a hot tub, was private, and they had a massage therapist come directly to us!

Breakfast was served daily, and the room was cleaned at the time we asked.

Janasas at the bar was awesome! His drinks are incredfible!

Room tip: They helped us carry our bags up and down the stairs, which was wonderfulThey helped us carry our bags up and down the stairs.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2023

We had a wonderful visit to this boutique hotel. The staff were excellent. Lovely views of the caldera and the town of Fira . Each day a room was made up. There’s a beautiful little vista at the entrance where you can sit and have a drink and watch the sun sunset. Very clean wonderful views, courteous staff. We had a wonderful visit. The breakfast was extra special every morning delivered to our veranda. There were robes and blankets available and the food it was delicious. One of the nicest places we’ve ever stayed.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidpF805TK
Reviewed September 17, 2023

This hotel has a spectacular view of the caldera. We had a suite for three people. However, we were two: a queen-sized bed and a twin. The views were memorable, and the balcony was private. However, I do confirm some balconies were less intimate. I read the reviews complaining about all the steps. This is Santorini; there are steps everywhere. I need help understanding the complaints about the bad reviews on Tripadvisor. We had luggage porters that brought our luggage down all those 180 steps; the hotel was difficult to find. We had room 12, and we were pleased about it. The bathroom had no window. However, it wasn't a big deal. The beds were very comfortable. The room needed more storage and closets. There are no amenities at this hotel. The Breakfast is served in the room each morning; you choose your time of convenience the night before. The breakfast choices were limited, and it was okay. The fruits were a banana and an apple. They charged for cappuccino coffee; I believe it was five euros. We took the American coffee in the morning; it was free. They did have an espresso machine in the room, and the coffee was two euros.
The pool was small but perfect, with good-sized sunbeds and umbrellas. The pool water was not heated. It is an expensive hotel so you expect it to be perfect. We had three hiccups during our stay; one day, the pool was closed because of a repair, and I had to get upset about it for them to find a solution on our pool day. We went next door to the Athena Hotel, a lovely place with a heated pool, but the rooms are less likable than at Porto FiraSuites. A few times, we did not have any water in the room, bathroom faucet and shower, so we had to call the reception. When I checked out, the young lady at the reception asked if I wanted to leave a tip for the reception and the cleaners. This has never happened to me in my thirty-five years of travelling. I found that rude. Last, we called a transfer to the port for ten-forty in the morning; they asked us to be at the top of the stairs at 10:40 a.m. We were three families and waited over thirty minutes for the third family. We were unhappy; it cost 120$ euros for three families for a thirty-minute ride. I will repeat it: the transfers and taxis are greedy in Greece. I liked the manager Penelope she did everything to make us happy. She was sweet and genuinely cared that guests were happy

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank NancyLope
Reviewed September 1, 2023 via mobile

We didn’t stay here - looked stunning though - but were at the Scirocco just next door. This place is a hidden gem away from the crazy crowds above in Fira. We ate and drank here a number of times as it had the most stunning small bar/dining area with fabulous views across the Caldera. The food was delicious! Fresh, reasonably priced with good portion sizes in a very chilled and relaxed atmosphere. We absolutely loved it. The 2 guys working there were very friendly too and helpful! One of my favourite places ever I think!

Date of stay: August 2023