“A good place to spend”

Evgenia Villas & Suites
Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel from Oct. 30 to Nov. 2 (3 nights). The owner, George, is friendly, helpful. He gave us free pick-ups from and to the port. On arrival, he immediately give us a quick orientation about what to see, where to visit. We booked a quad room, but George offered another option, 2 twin rooms, to us. We took the room 109 & 110, both we sea views. Breakfast prepared by George's mother for additional 5 euros is also recommended, with ham, cheese, juice, coffee or tea, toast, etc.

Room Tip: Remember to ask if there is a better option for room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I can only repeat all the good things that everyone else has said. Lovely room and balcony overlooking the pool, relaxing and friendly atmosphere, short walk into the town centre and we were lucky enough to get a free ride to the airport. One of the best places we stayed in Greece, highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My friends and I traveled to Santorini in October, which is the end of the season for Greece. George and his family were very welcoming. Evgenia is perfect, as it is close enough to walk into town, off the main roads and has a beautiful view of the coast as well as town. The rooms are of a good size and well maintained. George was helpful - every place he recommended was perfect for what we were lookng for, including restaurants and sights. A definite recommendation for anyone looking for a hotel in Santorini.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Amazing experience here. George, the hotel manager, picked us up from our ship and brought us to the hotel. Everyone was so kind and we thoroughly enjoyed this experience. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Very clean, nice, and an overall Greek experience! Thank you to all :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oliviatravel66
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed in Villa Evgenia Hotel few days in September 2012.
I had chosen this hotel based on good reviews at this homepage and booking.com and they turned out to be 100% true.
The hotel location is located 5 min. walking distance from Fira city centre, close enough for walking but away from the noise. There is a free parking nearby the hotel.
The hotel itself is beautiful, the room I had offered enough space for 2-3 people and had a big balcony with seaview. You can see that the rooms are maintained well, though I have been staying almost at the end of the season, furniture or bathroom did not show any signs of wear.
I liked the modern but cozy style of the rooms and the bed was very comfortable.
The whole hotel and pool area with lounge chairs (illuminated beautiful at nighttime) has been absolutely clean.
I found international magazines and up-to-date books in my room, which was a wonderful surprise.
George, the hotel owner, and his family offer excellent service to all of his guests regarding transfers, restaurant recommendations, places to see or night-time chats with homemade Vinsanto.
I am travelling a lot but I never experienced any hotel worldwide with a better price-performance ratio than this.
Will definitely choose this hotel again for my next stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friends and I traveled to Santorini in April, which is the off-season for Greece, so we sort of had the place to ourselves. George and his family and friends welcomed us to Evgenia with open arms. It was such a great stay, close enough to walk into town, but off the main roads so it was quiet and secluded, with a beautiful view of the coast. George was helpful and fun and made sure we were happy and safe. I recommend this place to anyone traveling to Santorini, no matter what time of year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I had a great three night stay at Villa Evgenia. George (hotel manager) arranged for my pick up at the port and his sister was very helpful with tips and info on my arrival. The room was lovely and spacious with an in room safe (free) and fridge. There was a sweet little balcony overlooking the pool. Bonus, there was a clothes rack on the balcony which came in handy as I had a few articles that I washed while there. Though it wasn't really pool weather on the days I was there, they have a great pool with great loungers around it. George also took me to the family restaurant Aegialos (5 minutes away, by the beach) where I had the best meal of my 12 days in the Greek islands. Grilled squid and tomato "balls". Still thinking about that dinner! Fantastic place and amazing service from the family. Highly recommended and will go back if I'm in Fira again.Thank you all!
Geneviève

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
3.1 km away
Villa Renos
#4 of 81 in Fira
3.4 km away
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Evgenia Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!