We paid for a transfer from the port to the hotel offered to us by staff. The transfer left us at the top of a steep incline to walk approximately 500 metres to the hotel. Since we are travelling for 3 months and have heavy suitcases this was less than ideal, my friend fell over wheeling her suitcase down the hill. It would have been nice if the transfer had dropped us out front or alternately for someone to meet and help us with luggage, and also to help us take it back up the stairs of the hotel when departing!
Upon arrival we were met by a young man who was friendly and showed us to our room. We asked him a few questions about the town and where to go for dinner and he said he didn't know and didn't really want to book a table for us when we chose somewhere to go. On departure we asked another staff member to book a taxi for us and he made it seem like it was big inconvenience to do so. Additionally, we were not informed the tap water is not drinkable in Santorini which resulted in a funny tummy after a few glasses of water until we were informed elsewhere. We only stayed for one night (pre-arranged) and were glad it worked out this way. Despite the service, the rooms were adequate and clean. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Fira, about a 10 minute walk to the main square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galatia Villas offer 6 double rooms and 4 studios that can accommodate up to 4 people. Some rooms have sea views while others overlook the relaxing patio or even have access to it.All rooms feature modern amenities and are decorated with taste by paying attention to every single detail. The wood and burgundy in conjunction with the dominant white color gives warmth to the rooms that will make you feel relaxed all day.Studios also have a sofa bed and dining table to give even more comfort to you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galatia Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galatia Villas Hotel Fira
- Galatia Hotel Fira
- Galatia Villas Santorini/Fira