“Not what it used to be.”

Buster's Sports Bar
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Ogdensburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner, thinking back to the great meals we used to have here. Not sure what has happened but it sure has gone downhill. Salad bar was stocked well, but the iceberg lettuce has many brown areas and while the selection was vast it was difficult to reach without your head pressing into the edge of the sneezeguard. I felt bad for the lady behind me who was approx 5'5" and basically gave up on having anything from the back row. The waitress was either new, preoccupied or simply did not care about us as customers. We ordered 10 wings for an appetizer along with our drinks. When she arrived with our drinks we placed our dinner order: the steak sandwich and a Reuben. She brought the wings out, which consisted of two flats and the rest were drums. Typically one would expect a mix, but that's not her fault I suppose. We also requested bleu cheese on the side, not knowing we apparently were supposed to request celery separately... considering the extra charge we wrongly assumed the celery would come with it. The dinners arrived without so much as a word from the waitress, not asking if we needed anything else or offering water or steak sauce. The steak sandwich had toasted bread that was much smaller than your average sized slice of bread. The steak had no seasoning and was chewy. The veggies consisted of onions, peppers and mushrooms. There was a mixture of greasy sauteed peppers along with bright green ones that didn't appear to have seen more than ten seconds in the pan. The onions were the same, some cooked some not. The mushrooms appeared to be from a can. Topping this off was a slice of what appeared to be white American processed packaged cheese that was half melted at best and perhaps an afterthought. The best and only really good thing about the entire meal was the Reuben. The Rye bread was toasted perfectly and the corned beef was tender and full of flavor, but not even a perfect Reuben could have saved this experience. The dining room was not busy at this point yet we never saw the waitress again and after sitting and waiting approximately ten minutes after we were clearly finished we had to walk to the bar and request our bill. Buster's used to be famous for their desserts, but we were never offered one by our ghost of a waitress so I couldn't tell you how they are now. The decor used to be something to look at, but now it is all flat framed sports pictures screwed to the wall, definitely has lost its charm. The lighting was poor and the flies were plenty. The draft beer glass was clearly filthy and had the waitress ever returned after dropping off our food we would have requested not only a clean glass but a fly swatter as well. Hate to be so negative but this place has definitely gone downhill and we won't be returning.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

We have been to Busters several times always good food. The service is excellent..Lisa is always smiling ready to wait on customers whether it's a big table or just my husband and I. The wings are the best in town.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful salad bar. Soups and burgers.
Very extensive menu and friendly service .
Prices were so reasonable.
So much food we had to bring some home.
Will return soon.

1  Thank Lorene J
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Food and service was good...

Love the salad bar

Got to watch some college football and played some Keno

Reasonably priced

Reviewed August 11, 2017

My husband and I travelled from Canada for a quick shopping trip and asked the locals where to eat. They said Busters, so off we went. It definitely looked like a local place, which we love and went in with good expectations. My husband ordered the fish and chips off the seniors menu which for 13.69 said you got the salad bar, 3 pieces of fish and fries. I think most people would assume this is 3 decent sized pieces of fish.. NOPE! 3 fish sticks!!! I ordered the chicken tenders (which also seemed to come in a kids portion) and have no qualms in saying they were the worst chicken tenders I have ever had in my life... bland and tough as leather. Salad bar itself was decent, but hard to screw up a salad bar. Server was lovely, but didn't make up for paying almost $40 for 2 small kids plates of food. Never again.. sorry Buster...