“Get ready to bust out some $$$”
Review of Calypso's Cove

Calypso's Cove
Ranked #18 of 19 things to do in Old Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: Calypso's Cove Family Fun Park is located directly in front of Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge, NY features a zipline, Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, Batting Cages, Rock Climbing Wall, Mini Golf, Arcade, Prize Center, Pizza Hut Express, Ice Cream and more! Open afternoons and evenings end of June - Labor Day. Open Memorial Day Weekend weather permitting.
Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

We go several times a year, but thankfully we only have one child. The cost for each ride is pretty high. They should think about making their prices a little more reasonable & seiously upgrading that mini golf course... which is a real snoozer.

2  Thank Karen S
General M, General Manager at Calypso's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We hope that you will visit us in the future and take advantage of some of our money saving options. We have bulk ticket pricing - the more tickets you buy, the more money you save! We have daily specials during the week for both food & attractions. Also, we have a Family Fun Deal which includes attraction tickets, arcade tokens, food & drink for 1 discounted price!

Reviewed August 11, 2015

Everything was great! Its lovely to have such a nice attraction right next door to Enchanted Forest Water Safari. I am glad my friends and I went there. The food was delicious and the activities were a lot of fun.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We're happy that you and your friends enjoyed the attractions & Pizza Hut express at Calypso's Cove! We hope to see you all again next summer!

Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

Outdated and over priced. The mini golf is ok and the kids seem to enjoy the zip line. Kid go carts are slow and barely moved. Bumper boats are ok but you will be freezing cold after. Not worth it.

1  Thank Stephanie H

We're sorry that you did not fully enjoy your visit to Calypso's Cove. We're constantly making improvements & updates throughout our property to ensure that all of our guests have a fun time! If you were having difficulties with a go-kart, our mechanic would have been able to look at the cart & assist with any problems right then had the issue brought to the attention of the nearest team member. Aside from that, we're happy to hear that your kids enjoyed the Zip Line - it is our newest attraction and everyone seems to enjoy it! We very much appreciate your business and hope that you will consider giving us another try!

Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

Came to calypso cove today to go on the track and the staff there was great! The two people checking us while we were being seated were outstanding. The employee Dan made sure everyone was having an outstanding time he asked everyone how there day was and made a few jokes to get everyone in a good mood. Overall I think calypso cove is a great place to bring your family and have fun.

2  Thank Jcrock432

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your 5 star review! We're so happy to hear that you had fun at Calypso's! Our staff works hard to make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. We hope to see you again next summer!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2015 via mobile

I'm in Old Forge with my two teenage sisters and thought it would be fun to take them to Calypso's Cove for the afternoon when I noticed they had unlimited Go-Kart rides for $15 that day. We started with lunch which cost us approx $33 dollars for a "medium pizza", large bucket of fries, and 3 drinks. We waited twenty minutes, to no avail, for our buzzer to go off to notify us the food was ready. I went up to check and was reminded it would buzz when it was ready, so I stood there for 5 more minutes. Then an employee realized our food had been sitting ready for quite some time - it was soggy and luke warm at that point. 30 minute wait for overpriced, semi cold food and NO apology offered when they handed it over. It's called customer service Calypso's Cove...(which seems to be lacking across the board)

Do NOT Go-Kart there! There is absolutely zero control over those on the track. They lecture on how there is no bumping, yet seem to have zero interest in making sure that rule is adhered to. I was rammed (with my 12 year old sister is the kart) at least 2 times by the same person, and nothing was done. The third time there was a multi-kart pile up where we were t-boned after being bumped behind by the same person. I looked up to the nearest employee...who was looking down at his flag. My knee was banged up pretty badly in that last pile up.

I asked to speak to a manager after who was zero help. Customer service 101: listen, acknowledge, apologize, make amends. My experience? Cut off, excuses ("Well, I hear the employees calling bumps!"), and a borderline sarcastic "Sorry!", almost as if it was a "normal" risk. Bodily harm should NOT be par for the course EVER!

Do not go here...especially with children/teens. It is not safe and they don't seem to care about that fact either. The only memory I'm leaving with is a swollen and bruised knee. Hope you enjoy my $60 - I won't be back.

4  Thank kinzelhm
General M, General Manager at Calypso's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your trip to Calypso’s Cove. We strive very hard to make sure that guest service and safety of our guests and team members are always our number one priorities. We have passed your food service information along to our food service management team, as that miscommunication should not have occurred and your food should have been prepared in a more timely manner.
Our go kart team has very strict policies and procedures to follow to ensure guest and team member safety. Given there are inherent risks when participating in amusement devices, per NYS law, we continue to do our best to ensure that our policies and procedures are followed so, in order to keep everyone safe and so that we can best control the actions of other guests as much as possible.
Upper management has spoken with the management staff on your feedback and can assure you that we are continuing to work on ongoing training and improvements. There are no excuses for either of those things to occur. Once again we apologize and hope you will consider giving us another try.