All reviews fine dining fourth lake new owners north woods inn paddle boards great dock tacos pines resort towel rack beautiful view bedroom cabin fire pit craft cocktails light fixtures wooden bar king size cozy lobby
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Great Pines has a beautiful lodge with exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail. The lodge stair rail is exquisite. The plaster work in our room was done by an "old school" master craftsman. The architecture is only exceeded by the friendly staff and the exceptional view of the lake. The resort exudes a sense of calm and relaxation. You can find a comfortable chair on the lodge porch, the boat dock, or the lookout and feel your stress abate. There are kayaks, canoes, a peddle paddle boat for nautical adventures. The trail to Bald Mountain Lookout Tower is a short drive, hike, or bike away. Stunning views of the lakes area are available along the trail and from the tower.
With the on-site restaurant, the great staff, the beautiful, comfortable lodging at Great Pines you may find yourself feeling like we did, and not want to leave.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Room was comfortable but very small. Not much space in the bathroom. No refrigerator or microwave. We worried about an extension cord going through a wall through a closet and then to a tv. Breakfast is rather late (7:30). Small assortment but ok.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2017

We only spent one night, but would have enjoyed more time. The resort is a traditional Adirondike style - on Fourth Lake with canoes, kayaks, paddle boards and docks for water activities, and the setting is lovely. Lodge and rooms feature lots of pine and pole accents, newly renovated and very comfortable, but not fancy. Unfortunately, neither the Lodge Restaurant nor the Lean-to were open, so we weren't able to check them out. The simple continental breakfast featured yummy muffins, bagels, yogurt, fruit, juice and excellent coffee. Staff were friendly and attentive. We'll go back!

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed September 11, 2017

This was sent via facebook messenger with no reply, so hoping it is read here.

Hi, As s business owner myself I know what it's like to receive a not so good review. I didn't want to be that person but wanted to touch base with you on our visit. My husband & I selected Great Pines because of how the resort was portrayed online. It seemed to be a great family owned business with everyone involved, including the dogs. It reminded us of ourselves being so involved and hands on . The pics looked beautiful and when we arrived we saw exactly the same as the pics - newly updated, clean and a perfect spot. Getting to our room , it was very nice, the bed beautiful and most comfortable ever.
First thing missing was air condition . I immediately panicked cause I couldn't find the air, then our neighbors said that it comes on and off and we have no control - ugh . First night was hot and restless for me. Not sure it went on at all. Second night better. Third not so much.
Second - no dresser or drawers to put clothes away so we lived out of the suitcase . Not the perfect scenario .
Third, the bathroom - minor , but wanted to mention it. No counter to leave toiletries , etc on. The shower was a bit small and I couldn't even shave my legs in there without contorting .

We had read the menus for the restaurants and thought it was perfect cause we really wanted to stay 'close to home' & relax as we planned. Much to our dismay we found out from our hotel neighbors that the Lodge was closed Sunday -wed & both were closed Monday, our first day. Although it does state to ask for hours on the website. I think it would be a good practice to mention the days closed. We never did get to enjoy dinner at the Lodge and was really looking forward to it.
Another feature we were looking forward to was the fire pit. Wasn't lit Sunday, Monday & since it rained our last night we'll never know if it would have been lit then.

Our little get away from our hustle & bustle life was definitely not all that we had hoped for with the driving into town to find restaurants, but we still made the most of our time away.

I truly hope this isn't offensive to you as I mean no I'll intent. I personally appreciate feedback, good, bad or indifferent as it helps us to grow and I hope that you feel the same. You have a beautiful place here , but it just seems like the full ambiance is shown only 1/2 of the week and I wish we could have experienced more. Best of luck to your family with. Beautiful place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail G
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Great plains was on a beautiful lake. The lodge is very nice, but the lodge rooms are disappointed. Not enough lighting, spartan accommodations, for the price. The weekend we were there they had water problems and were handing out bottled water because you couldn't drink the water. There were times of the day when you had zero water pressure and could not take a shower.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple