“THE BEST BED & BREAKFAST INN I HAVE EVER SEEN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Bush House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Bush
Pine Bush House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Pine Bush B&B and Inns
“THE BEST BED & BREAKFAST INN I HAVE EVER SEEN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I was not expecting what I received. That is what makes my experience at the Pine Bush House so memorable. I expected a nice stay, but exceptional was not a part of what became part of my vocabulary until I realized during my stay what truly was exceptional. I arrived late to the Inn, past 11pm, but Barbara the Innkeeper had prepared for this, leaving me a note to welcome me attached to the locked door that had an electronic combination to it. Very cool indeed! I was given the code to enter, but one of the people staying at the Inn saw me and let me in. When I entered past the beautiful glass and wood front door, and then past another inner door, I entered heaven. A wonderful early 20th century house that was now an Inn. Warm entrance hallway with a gorgeous living room to my left overwhelmed me with its beauty and refined elegance of a bygone era. I went upstairs to the 2nd floor where my room was standing open, greeting me as a long lost friend with its incredible comforts. A very large bed that looked as if I could sleep in it for a lifetime and never want to get out of it was in the room. But, the room held many more amazing secrets. A flat screen TV, Apple TV, a remote control A/C unit, an amazing fireplace, spectacular bedside clock with booming crystal clear music, totally modern and updated bathroom. I could go on and on and on with how amazing and beautiful I found it. Downstairs the following morning I encountered a dining room setup for a formal breakfast on imperial china. All kinds of gadgets and gizmos that provided hot coffee (Starbucks and Dunkin' Doughnuts) type of blends, teas, cold and hot water, orange juice. What was just so amazing was the use of 21st century technology everywhere I looked, integrated into an early 20th century house. They went together, and looked great aside each "other". I made myself coffee and took it into the living room "parlor" area, where real candle holders were strewn above the fireplace, glittering faux gas lamps flickered above me, music from heaven played, comfortable couches beckoned, and I was in heaven like never before. I needed no meditation to get me relaxed. The Inn "provided" it for me, and into my very soul, and injection of relaxation. I walked around a bit and found a bright, warm room off the kitchen where they have a little business center with a big, powerful Apple computer stationed for all to use. Great!! I walked to the kitchen, which was thoroughly modern and smelled heaven cooking. Barbara made the guests a strawberry and fresh whipped cream French toast breakfast with thick amazing bacon. My 2 days were just not enough, and I cannot say anything more that could possible convey my delight at the Pine Bush House. If you are looking into an Inn to stay, think of this place. You will not regret one moment. I wish I had time to relax more on that great porch, where big fluffy pillows and homemade blankets awaited me. I will return without a doubt in my mind. This Inn is the best bed and breakfast I have ever been in. Go there and see for yourself, and say hi for me! Loved it to the n'th power times infinity.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DKCOMPANY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

This B & B was fantastic! Host and hostess couldn't be more accomodating and the B & B was the perfect combination of historic landmark and new gadgets (e.g., Apple TV).

1 Thank krb567
shelburne ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

We so enjoyed our stay at the Pine Bush House Bed&Breakfast! Barbara and John are very welcoming and have a great humor ! The rooms, wonderful,roomy and relaxing! The Breakfasts.......Amazing!!! Hope to visit again, Alison& Carl

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shelburnema_Alison
New City NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

From the moment I stepped foot on Barbara's beautiful front porch, it felt like home! The drive up is beautiful, the town is quaint but the house will blow you away! Everything previous guests had written was right on target..but you need to go experiience this beautiful home yourself! We had the Champagne Suite and I now want a Bidet (the shower was out of this world!)..I love that toilet!!! Mark has thought of every gadget to make ur stay fun..and the TV's are not lil' 13 inch screens, like at other B&B's. The breakfast was amazing every morning, you will NOT eat lunch..the area has many Wineries and shops, you will not be bored! She makes the most delicious snacks (brownies, cookies, etc) waiting for you when you get in, plus the Expresso Machine..(theres coffee & tea also) at your disposle..I can go on and on but I won't, you must go yourself..I promised Barbara I will return for the Fall..because I loved our chats in her kitchen, on the porch, wherever she was, she made you feel like family.Loved it!! See you soon!

1 Thank Goingplace49
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

The owners of Pine Bush House are the quintessential B&B hosts. The house is charming and guests are invited to enjoy the property as if it is their own. Our room was lovely -- very cozy with the nicest linens, towels, and amenities. Our hosts could not have been nicer or more welcoming. Mark was extremely knowledgeable about the area and all it had to offer, and was more than willng to map out wine trips, hiking expeditions, or antique options -- whatever we had a yen for. Barbara is an incredible chef and made the most exquisite southern country breakfasts. There were always fresh baked goods and coffee available to all of the guests any time of the day. We felt like family after 2 days. This is a couple that obviously love what they do, and know how to do it well. If you visit, I highly recommend curling up on the porch under the quilt with a glass of wine and enjoy the wonderful music that is piped through. We will be back.

Webster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Since we had not really done our homework, we left Hyde Park thinking our b&b was only a few miles away south near Poughkeepsie. Using our gps unit, we started to drive. To our surprise we ended up in the foothills of the catskills, far west of our supposed destination.

When we finally arrived in pine bush, we were delighted with the gem of a b&b, the pine bush house. Mark and Barbara are delighteful hosts and the house is emaculate. Mark has wired it to the hilt with flat screen tv's, wine chill units in each room, three different coffee makers, depending on the strength of coffee desired, Apple TV service, etc, etc. Mark prepared a wonderful breakfast and accomodated us with a printed map to guide us back to Rochester.

Since we were hungry, Mark suggested the Grist Mill, about 15 minutes away. It was a delightful experience, set near a waterfall, with wonderful food.

All in all....a first-rate experience in pine bush!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

My husband and I spent last weekend at Pine Bush House, and we had an incredible time! The trip was about 1.5 hours from Manhattan, and the B&B was located in the cute little town of Pine Bush.

When we arrived, Mark and Barbara were waiting for us, and they were very warm and welcoming! Mark showed us around, explained all of the house's fun gadgets and gave us a dinner recommendation in the area. The B&B itself was furnished beautifully, had a large nice downstairs space to relax, and was very, very clean. The outdoor porch was lit with candles in the evening, and it was a perfect location for a game of Scrabble or a glass of wine.

We booked the Zinfandel Suite, which was just as beautiful as the website promised. The room featured soothing green and earth tones, a large 4-poster bed, armchairs, a fireplace (not wood-burning, but still romantic) and a flat-screen TV. We also had a small coffee-maker and wine chiller in the room. The bathroom was beautifully done and featured an elaborate steam shower that was fun to try out. The room was absolutely spotless, the furnishings and electronics were top-of-the-line, and the air conditioning worked well. I even noticed that the bedside drawer contained a flashlight in case you had to get up in the middle of the night...those little touches made a lot of difference!

We also peeked into the other rooms that were being cleaned, and they were equally immaculate and well-furnished. They definitely matched the photos on the website.

Breakfast was delicious, and Barbara was an excellent cook. The first day, we had a danish, an apple and walnut parfait, and a veggie frittata. The second day we had lemon-ricotta pancakes with fresh berries. The breakfast room featured plenty of coffees and teas to choose from, which were available 24/7. We were not around for teatime, but each night we noticed that cookies or other treats were left for us in case we wanted a snack before bed.

For activities, we were about 30 minutes from Mohonk Mountain House, a great place to go hiking. Pine Bush itself was a sleepy little town, but they had a small farmer's market on the weekends, a general store or two, and a big quilt/sewing shop. Barbara and Mark also had a number of brochures and suggestions for activities in the area.

Overall, we were really impressed with Pine Bush House, and would definitely recommend it for those planning a trip in the area!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
21.6 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
10.8 km away
The Borland B&B & Brunch House

Been to Pine Bush House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!