“Lovely mid size hotel overlooking Erie Canal”

The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pittsford
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Comfortable, nicely decorated rooms, with a a good sized desk and even an easy chair for reading or watching the good sized flat screen TV. Bed turn down service with chocolates; the doors to each room have doorbells, really, actually homier than housekeeping having to knock. Small gym, pool, hot tub -- nice; can come down in bathrobe (provided in room) down walkway behind lobby, so not traipsing past guest checking in or out. Direct access to canal tow path, great for morning walk. Hotel restaurant is pleasant with friendly staff, but service is very slow; sometime took short walk to several restaurants along canal as an alternative. Didn't try the Spa, but it seemed popular. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Should note that hotel is close to a train track with periodic freight trains; wasn't bothersome...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 1992redzilla

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Last minute recommendation when here on business. EXCELLENT staff--very attentive. Small boutique hotel-feel. Nice rooms. Aveda products. Free shuttle to Airport. And what a surprise to this Starbucks addict: the coffee in the lobby was some of the best I think I have ever had--really! Not sure what was so good about it, but really great coffee. Amazing surprise of a location--will definitely repeat when back in Pittsford!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This was one of the most relaxing and luxurious spa experiences I've ever had. I booked a 1 hour massage and arrived an hour early. The spa area is absolutely beautiful- very clean and modern. Upon arrival, you are greeted and introduced to the facility. I immediately put on a very comfortable robe and slippers, enjoyed a cup of herbal tea and entered the lounge room. I sat by the fireplace and read a book quietly while waiting for my massage. The massage was wonderful and rejuvenating. After the massage I showered in a huge shower with six shower heads and used their blow dryer and hair straighteners to get ready. A few nice touches were the ice cold water with strawberries and lemons, the wide variety of herbal teas, chocolate covered strawberries brought over to me while I waited and the high quality shampoo/conditioner/body wash supplied in the shower. I spent three hours at the spa and left feeling relaxed and spoiled. All of the staff were friendly and attentive. My experience was wonderful and I cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank carlabella16
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Near the airport, on the Erie Canal. Comfortable design, and very good service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Older, basic hotel, not modern nor hip. It is adequate for a night of sleep. In cute town of Pittsford, but that is as most positive as I can report. The rest was bland.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank pickyreno
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our family stayed here while doing Rochester college visits. It is right down the road from Nazareth College and St. John Fisher and within 10 minutes of the University of Rochester and RIT. Pittsford is quaint little town with a beautiful walking/jogging path which runs along the hotel and into town. This hotel also has a spa but due to time constraints, we did not have time to take advantage of this. The only reason we didn't give the hotel a 5 star rating is due to the double beds...would have preferred 2 queen beds with a family of four.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sunnytravels29
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I only stayed here one quick night while traveling but I was happy with every minute I spent in this hotel. Parking was free and convenient. Only when I left in the morning did I appreciate all it had to offer. I didn't have a great view but I think that is a function of how its tucked in to this little town and sits along the canal. The room was comfortable with a great leather club chair. Bathroom was very clean and felt luxurious. I ordered room service and was very happy with the dinner and the service.
When I checked out I noticed a nice little patio area off the lobby and then I saw how close the canal was and wished I had time to sit or walk along the water. Same for the little town. This is definitely not a cookie-cutter hotel. It had the feel of a B&B.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsford
5.1 km away
Hyatt Regency Rochester
#23 of 29 in Rochester
8.3 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace

Been to The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!