“Pretty Good Beer and Food”

Plattsburgh Brewing Co
Ranked #15 of 139 Restaurants in Plattsburgh
Reviewed October 7, 2018

It was kinda late and I wanted a beer with my meal. I had a coupon from the hotel to get a free beer with my meal SO I decided to give the place a try. It's a pretty pleasant small pub just off to the side of the hotel. It's mostly a sports bar which has a brewery on site. I got a seasonal Pilsner which was good tasting although a bit weak. I got the fish and chips which had a large piece of haddock with seasoned fries, cole slaw and tartar sauce. It tasted pretty good. The service was very slow and quite inattentive. it took forever to get served, get my beer then my check and the place was empty. My rating would have been one LESS had it NOT been for the free beer. I might go again but ONLY if I get another freebie.

1  Thank 133charlesk

Reviewed September 27, 2018

While I was in the area I had dinner here three times . Good food prepared well. The service on my visits was good. I tried a few of the craft beers and all were tasty and enjoyable.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

I was just a little disappointed with the Plattsburgh Brewing Co. Don't get me wrong.....it's nothing bad, but I guess I've visited some real craft breweries that had a
Certain" atmosphere that added to the visit and the experience. PBC just didn't feel the same. It's more of a restaurant/bar than a brewery, even though they brew. Half of the site was a restaurant and the other half a bar. Very modern ,very clean, but not the same feel as other breweries I visited in Plattsburgh (think Valcour, Oval Craft and Au Sable).
Food was good; we had the Spinach Artichoke Dip ($7.99), kind of a staple of places like Applebee's and TGI Fridays, yes? Also had the Caprese Flatbread and the Mushroom Olive Flatbread ($10.49 each) and everything was good, but not exceptional.
I think the beer was the bigger disappointment. As other reviewers have noted, PBC was out of most of their signatures brews, so I had the following:
Plattsburgh Pilsner (4.2% ABV)
Crab Island Ale (4.4% ABV)----really liked this one
Zephyr's Golden Ale---smooth
Angry Musket IPA (6.0% ABV)
Flights were $7.00 for 4 tastings....should have been 5

Overall.....good food, okay beer, and very much a bar atmosphere. If you're looking for a more down-to-earth feeling, a place with unfinished floors, exposed wood timbers and flannel-shirts, look to the one of the other breweries in the Plattsburgh area.

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for the first time to check it out. On a positive note their beer was excellent, especially the stout. I had a craving for nachos so I ordered that first. Just a thin layer of chips covered by a thin layer of cheese, nothing special. Wasn’t bad but wasn’t great either. The staff was excellent! They were a little busy and they were working very hard to keep up. I rate the staff 10 out of 10. I had the Philly cheese steak as my main course. The meat was dry and covered with a lot of cheese. In closing, if you want to sit around and drink beers this is a good place to stop. Excellent atmosphere and staff. If you’re looking to eat find another place.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Lost a star only due to the service. We were with a large group (called ahead to ask if it was ok) and received such attitude when we got there. We offered to sit at separate tables to make it easier but she was still rude.

Food was really good though. We all had great burgers and enjoyed local beer and wine flights.