“Consistent quality and service - never had a bad meal”

Sprague's Maple Farm
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Portville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 3, 2017

My family of four eats here about 5 times a year. We love it. My wife ALWAYS gets the hot turkey sandwich and kids stick to the breakfast kids menu. I tend to jump around the menu and have never had anything I didn't enjoy. The price is reasonable for a family of 4- around $50 with tip.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

I really struggled on how to write this review. First the clearly positives--the environment is spectacular. You have models of geese flying overhead, exposed wood, chandeliers made from deer antlers, large amounts of food, friendly service, quick seating even though we came into a line with about 5 groups in front of us, great property layout, hint of homemade maple syrup in almost everything. My wife had the turkey and biscuits and said it was good. She liked getting that semi-unusual meal. I really liked the corn on the cob and I am not a big corn on the cob guy. I liked the maple syrup and bacon combination in the beans. The salad I got was very good. Now the stuff we didn't like as much--we got the potato skins as an appetizer. They had a decent taste but weren't pipping hot like I was expecting. Even the first one I had the cheese had already started to solidify. I got the maple glazed chicken. The chicken was very thick. It had a nice flavor but I usually think of that sort of chicken as very thin, almost like you can cut it with a fork, this you definitely needed a knife. My bigger issue was the glaze. In my head the glaze should be very sticky and almost like burned on (my wife says cooked on but you get the idea). This was more like a gravy almost, turn the chicken sideways and it pours off. The other big problem was leaving. Everybody goes out the same register, which is also where people pick up to go meals, which is also the checkout for the gift shop area. And has an added bonus, it is where people walk though to get to their table and some of the waiters and waitresses go through. Felt like NYC traffic. Overall it was a good meal and I would try it again but not sure I would make an hour detour to get there.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Was on a birding trip with my local Audubon Club and was directed here by a local birder. We all agreed this was a pleasant find. The food, the staff, and the facility was outstanding. We come back to this area just for this place though the birding was very good also.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

This is a second to none family restaurant. There was a waiting line ,but it moved quite rapidly and efficiently. The food was spectacular, the service was quick and accurate. The food had a hint of maple in most of the entrees. The maple flavored bake beans were out of this world. Would highly recommend it for all. Parties big and small.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

have eaten here many times over the years on visits up to the hometown area. never disappointed! always good food and friendly staff.