“Uneven”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

First of all the grounds and scenery of the mountains makes for a spectacular setting. Grits were very good. Pancake order (gluten free) was wrong! My pancakes were cool and not good plus eggs were cool. Turkey dinner was good. All in all a bit disappointing but we will be back.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Nestled in the foothills of the Allegany mountains, this jewel of a restaurant far exceeded my expectations. Sprague's serves a to-die-for hot turkey sandwich REAL mashed potatoes. The restaurant is not only beautiful, but immaculately clean with genuinely friendly staff who made our visit most enjoyable. We have made plans to return again for lunch in a few weeks when the fall leaves are at their peak of color.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

My friends took me here for dinner my last night before flying home. It was Friday, so a bit busy but didn't take long to be seated.
The food didn't take long to arrive either. I went for the stuffed French toast, and it was just popping with flavor. I ordered a side of sweet potato waffle fries, but the main course was so filling, I took the fries to go.
I will certainly have to go back again, and order something that will go well with their maple Chardonnay.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

First time here, and I was blown away! The area it is in is breathtaking! I want to set up a teepee in the front yard! The food for all of us (8) was phenomenal! Turkey literally melts in your mouth! Mashed potatoes are real and fresh, and gravy is wonderful even for me who is not a big gravy person. Bread basket they gave had so many varieties of goodies that I could have made a meal just from that! Little gift shop sold the mini maple muffins that were in bread basket, so I bought 5 to bring home as gifts, and of course one for myself! LOL You honestly won't be disappointed, and if you are, it's because your taste buds are not working!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My family of four eats here about 5 times a year. We love it. My wife ALWAYS gets the hot turkey sandwich and kids stick to the breakfast kids menu. I tend to jump around the menu and have never had anything I didn't enjoy. The price is reasonable for a family of 4- around $50 with tip.