“Mobility impaired unfriendly.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed December 14, 2014

We chose this restaurant only because it was close to the Bardavon and we had little time to go elsewhere. We had reservations and I was the first one to come into the restaurant after one of the shows. I gave my name and was promptly instructed to be seated while they set up our table. I waited, and waited while they sat many other patrons, including a family who said they had no reservations. They were offered bar seating on high stools. When told that there was a member of the party that could not sit on the stools, they were offered seating upstairs. The older member of the party struggled with the stairs and the waitress even joked that they needed a stairmaster. After several more people had been seated both upstairs and in the bar, I finally asked about our seats. The waitress then offered me the same seating that she had been offering to all of the people without reservations. I asked about the seating that we had been waiting to be "set up." She then responded that they were seating only parties of 8 or more in that area. I pointed to an empty table that was on the ground floor and asked if I could be seated there. She said that was being reserved for the owner and then offered to seat us upstairs. I explained that it was difficult for me to sit on either the high seats or go up stairs. I received a "take it or leave it" look and struggled up the stairs. It was very upsetting to learn that the owner's seating was prioritized over mobility impaired patrons. The food was decent enough for bar food and fairly priced. We had asked for a drink menu and after waiting nearly 15 minutes, asking another server, learned that they did not have one! I know that this is really a club type establishment, but since they are so close to the Bardavon, they should make some effort to accomodate pre and post event clients especially those who might not be able to sit on high stools or navigate stairs. It is loud and the televisions were distracting. I will only go back if forced to and hope that the owner is not going to used their "table." Coffee was excellent though.

Reviewed November 17, 2014

Went here because it seemed to be the only place open near the Bardavon Theatre. Staff were friendly and attentive without hovering; service was a bit slow, but the place was quite crowded, so that's probably why. The food, standard bar food menu, was quite good and prices were reasonable. Seven or eight televisions on, each one seemingly turned to a different America football game, made it rather loud in the main room. There is an upstairs balcony that is slightly quieter, and there is a back room that is quieter yet. You're always aware that you're in a sports bar, though. This was a Sunday night, but there's no particular reason to believe it's different on other nights. If the televisions weren't on, it would be very pleasant indeed, and on the whole it was good value for money.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went here on sat w about 7 people after an event at the civic center. We arrived at 3:30. By 5:30 I finally took my salad to go. Yes. 2 hours for salad. On top of that, after eating half of it I realized the chicken was pink in the middle. I have been sick for almost 48 hours.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I went there a few weeks ago on a Sunday night. There was probably less then 15 people because it was such a slow night and i opened a tab and the bar and it took me till the next day for me to realize that the bartender gave me someone else's card. I'm still dealing with the bank because the manager refused to assist me with compensation for the charges on my bill. When looking at my statement the place had charged me twice and over all charged me over $80 dollars and the person that the bartender gave my card used it as well. When I spoke with the manager Jess, he stated that there was nothing he would do about it because the bank would sort it out. I tried speaking with the owners or someone higher up but no information was provided to me and the staff hung up whenever I called.

I used to go there on the regular basis but this entire situation ruined this place for me and I honestly encourage others to think twice before going and if you do, don't open up a tab because I couldn't imagine their screw ups on a busy night if they screwed up this bad with me on a dead night.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

A little noisy, centrally located, the menu is limited! Salads seem to be the best choice for lunch.
The service was a little sporadic.