All reviews one night small continental breakfast first floor coffee maker room was clean cable tv sized bed ice machine yogurt great place to stay rri motel plank microwave stomping skimpy carpeting
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I AM SO IMPRESSED!! Rooms are clean, they allow fur babies, but mostly THE STAFF IS AMAZING!! Mandy (night) and Chris (day) did everything and anything to make our stay enjoyable. Whenever I asked for anything, even as mandane as milk for coffee, they got it for me without making me feel like I was “bothering” them. Their attention made me feel as though I was staying in a five star, high priced hotel.

Not a complaint, but it is good to know that when traveling with a family, each room has their own hot water tank, if someone takes a long shower, or after a few shower, someone may need to wait a few minutes for the hot water to fill again.

Red Roof PLUS is conveniently located to shopping and delicious and diverse cuisine/restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Dear Stanelle P, Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you and your fur babies enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure the entire hotel is clean and ready for our guests, so thank you for noticing! We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town; Ask us about RediCard, Red Roof's loyalty program, and earn points toward a future free or discounted night at any Red Roof property.

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

The bathtub in their best room had the drain to the left and spigot to the right. The tub was unusable.

The ice machine, laundry, and soda/snack machine is on the second floor and there’s no elevator.

The box spring to the king size bed was six inches off its frame leaving large protrusion to hurt your leg.

When you enter the room there is no light. The switch turns on a light at the other end of the room.

The only way to get light for the closet is from the bathroom if you keep the door open.

The cable TV provided by Direct TV went out in the morning. We couldn’t watch the weather or anything.

The lack of attention to detail in this newly renovated motel is disappointing.

We checked out and headed home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Dear DYennior, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. You were here during the brutal the Nor'Easter that left a reported half a million people without power for 3-4 days. While our hotel never lost power the entire time, our Direct TV programming was unavailable for about a half of one day, so while I do apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately it was beyond our control. Each guest room has a minimum of 9 lights: a ceiling light by the entryway, a ceiling light by the window, a floor lamp, a desk lamp, two bedside lamps, a light in the coffee station cubby, and two bathroom lights. We have never before heard that the lighting was insufficient. I do agree that the lack of elevator is an inconvenience to some guests, however the front desk employees are always happy to assist anyone needing anything from the 2nd floor. I apologize that everything was not perfect during your stay; we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to better ourselves so that we may better serve our guests. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

All in All, I enjoyed my stay, Please read on:
A 2 day stay, nice clean room comfortable bed, cable TV, exercise room, complementary breakfast but I think it was slightly over priced. I believe that check out time should be adjusted to the time you actually check in, so you get at least 10 hours for your money. I would like to see a change with the check in/check out terms.
Have a great time!
Steve

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear Steven W, thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We are always the most reasonably priced hotel in the area, offering large, clean rooms at an affordable price. Join our RediCard program and earn points towards a future free night stay at any Red Roof Inn. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Hudson Valley.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Dog friendly property. It was clean and well kept. The shower was nice with the exception of the shower head. The shower head was too low for me. I am only 5.7 imagine someone who is 6 feet or taller. Breakfast very poor. Breads and coffee. Nothing hot.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sanabu, thank you for choosing the Red Roof Plus Poughkeepsie for your lodging needs. I am glad you found our property to be clean and well kept. Our complimentary continental breakfast helps us to keep our room prices affordable, as opposed to much higher priced hotels that do offer a full hot breakfast. Again, thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Hotel and room were very clean. So clean that there was a smell of cleanser in the room and halls. So I just opened a window and left the bathroom fan on while I went out to dinner. Staff was welcoming and friendly. I agree with at least one other reviewer that breakfast was pretty minimal. Bed was so comfy.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear Loring S, thank you so much for sharing your experience, we appreciate your comments! I hope you enjoyed your free upgrade to one of our Premium Rooms, which offer larger flat screen TVs, upgraded bedding, in room snack boxes and Seattle's Best Coffee. While most economy brand hotels do not offer breakfast, we do offer a complimentary continental breakfast as a courtesy to our guests. Although it is not a full hot breakfast, we hope it is sufficient to get our guests going in the morning! Thank you so much for staying with us; we hope you visit us again the next time you are in the area.