“Terrible”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
South Salem, New York
“Terrible”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

When we got here, the room key they gave us didn't even open the door. The hallways are very dark and smell of mildew and the air conditioner in our room didn't work. The hotel is very outdated and the room wasn't the nicest thing around. The fitness center only has a treadmill and a bike, and the pool is very small and smelled of wet dog. The only nice thing was the overpriced restaurant on the premises. I would highly recommend staying anywhere but here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dman6903

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I recently stayed for a week-long conference at this hotel. I was initially unhappy with the choice and actually looked into staying at a "nicer" (aka more expensive) hotel and driving back and forth to the conference. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Ramada.
The hotel is getting older and has some wear and tear, but the rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was always hot and the water pressure was fine The indoor pool and fitness room were also both very nice and well-kept. There is plenty of dining and shopping in the immediate area and a gas station convenience store with a Dunkin' Donuts and Subway in walking distance.
The German restaurant on-site was also very nice and we enjoyed an authentic German meal one evening and had a nice conversation with one of the owners, Ute. They also had a really nice beer selection.
The part where the Ramada excelled, however, was the hotel staff. I have NEVER experienced a more professional hotel staff at any hotel I have ever stayed at - ever. Everyone - the manager, front desk staff, and housekeeping were not only courteous and helpful to the guests, they were also very professional, courteous, and mutually respectful of each other. My stay there was a very nice and I would definitely stay there again if in the Glens Falls area.

Room Tip: Smokrs outside entr D 1st flr-avoid unless u smoke
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lepski110
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed 21 May 2011

To put it plain and simple...this hotel is just the pitts. The hallways smell like someone is continuously cooking really bad food and the "non smoking" room we had reeked of smoke. The rooms are horribly dated and the walls are paper thin. All night long kids were in the hallway playing, screaming, slamming doors and crying until 3 a.m. The people in the room next to us had a small child that wailed all night and it sounded like the child was in our room. The beds are not comfortable. We did not get a "value for our money" at all. Way to expensive and noisy. This hotel needs a MAJOR overhaul.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JennaS75

Travellers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

NY
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The front desk staff lacks enthusiasm and customer service skills.As far as hotel "Manager".....well perhaps that explains the front desk actions. I travel to many hotels and customer service is very important. I felt the staff was to busy using their lap tops and cell phones. When I checked in, I stood at the desk waiting, just to see the young girl sitting in the chair watching tv. Maybe thats why there were no cars in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank John68Ny
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2010

We were assigned this hotel by a soccer tournament. Rooms were supposed to be non-smoking. The entire hotel reeked of smoke. They think if they stick a non-smoking magnet on the door it makes the room non-smoking. They didn't even bother to remove the ashtrays.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank carein
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I travelled to Queensbury for business and stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The rooms are ok, clean and quite spacious. The hotel is right next to the highway so is a bit noisy however, the first night I was so tired I didnt notice. On the second night I was just drifting off to sleep at about 11pm when someone started pounding on my room window from outside (I was on the ground floor) and demanding 'is there anyone in there..'. As a solo female traveller I was really scared and immediately called reception for help, I was quite surprised when the person on the desk said they thought they knew who it probably was and would take care of it! It didnt happen again that night but I was so shaken up I didnt get much sleep anyway. In the morning when I was checking out I mentioned the incident again and the person on the front desk that morning couldnt have been less interested. I've often travelled on my own for business and can honestly say I've never been so scared - I will never stay in this hotel again. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank purplejoe
Ontario
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We were a bit skeptical as the Ramada was one of a very few hotels with rooms left in the area, and the price was reasonable compared to other places we tried. Usually these clues hint at a less-than-desirable stay.

We were pleasantly surprised. There was nothing wrong with this Ramada at all. The room was clean, check-in was simple, the staff were great. The German restaurant served excellent food and we enjoyed a drink in the lounge afterwards while watching the big screen TV. Breakfast the next morning was also great.

We would stay here again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
1.3 km away
#3 of 11 in Queensbury
3.2 km away
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
2.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
3.5 km away
Queensbury Hotel
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
3.2 km away
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!