“Great location, clean and affordable”

Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Very pleasant staff and an affordable rate for the area.
The location is great and close to plenty of sights and amenities. The property is clean but dated. The rooms are small and the beds are moderately comfortable (at best). The air conditioning struggled to keep the room an even temperature on the hot humid summer days. The lack of an elevator didn't impact our party, but stairs and long hallways should be kept in mind when selecting a room.

Room Tip: no elevators, noisy halls
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Ramada-Glens F, Director of Sales at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for your review Tony! I'm glad that you found our rooms comfortable and clean and got to take advantage of our great rates in this destination area! If you should ever encounter any issues while you are with us, please know that you can always contact a member of our guest service team and we will try to best accommodate you in any way we can! I hope you come back and stay with us again in the future and perhaps try our on-site restaurant, Rainer's at the Ramada or utilize the great discounts we offer to area attractions like Six Flags Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom! Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for Ramada Queensbury/Lake George

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel while having a weekend with friends in Lake George. It's about a 10 minute drive into LG. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was clean and comfortable. The pool area was really nice.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Ramada-Glens F, Director of Sales at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for a great review! I'm so glad you found your room clean and comfortable and our Guest Service Team to be efficient and make your check in process as easy as possible! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Affordable clean hotel. Pool was great not crowded. Many attractions close by and not far from village. I am going back for another stay. Restaurant was good also downstairs. We ate there first our anniversary. Good service good food. Was nice to eat and drink without having to drive.

Room Tip: Love the mall being close by
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a wonderful review and Happy Anniversary! I'm glad that you had a great stay and got to try our on-site restaurant, Rainer's at the Ramada! They have been receiving outstanding reviews on their food as they are one of the top catering companies in our area! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Rooms and hotel are old and outdated.. New comforters, remove carpet and that would do wonders..

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada-Glens F, Director of Sales at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review! Yes we are an older hotel but we always are updating our property! We just recently resealed our parking lot, restuccoed our outside façade and put granite/marble in all of our bathrooms (sinks and shower backsplashes). I'm sure flooring, comforters, new furniture and other amenities are eminent in our near future! I hope you come back and stay with us again so you can continue to see all the great changes we make for our guests! Thank you again!

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotels that I have ever been in in my entire life. When I entered the room, my first impression was how dated and old the hotel was and then I smelled the mold and mildew that was growing in the room. It was disgusting! Then, within about five minutes, I had an asthma attack and I was unable to breath. I had to immediately leave the room. I then had to go stay with my aunt and uncle in Saratoga, while the rest of my family stayed there as my sister had a basketball tournament and that was where her team was staying. Thank god we brought two cars. This hotel is dirty and is not acceptable for anyone with allergies or any type of breathing problems.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Hi Brendan,

First and foremost let me apologize for your experience with us! We do not want any guest walking away unsatisfied with our accommodations. While we are an older hotel, we get many compliments on our staff, cleanliness of rooms, etc. I hope that you brought your issue to the attention of our Guest Service Team while you were with us. We always try to help our guests feel comfortable and make sure they are happy during their stay. I'm not quite sure what room you were staying in but I will make sure that our team thoroughly checks the rooms for any mold or mildew and have the problem rectified if need be. I hope you give us another chance in the future as I would like to leave you with a better impression of what we can do. When you come to the area again, please reach out to me directly as I can provide you a complimentary stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Was back in NY for a Funeral, This hotel is in Bad Shape the (GM Kevin) is very Unprofessional as I made an attempt to question him on my room and the price he chose to walk away than speak to me . I know its not his fault with the outdated hotel but geez 100.00 plus for a night The place needs to updated dark and scary smelly . I checked out and left . They have a Pub located in the hotel the staff there was friendly and the food was good . I don't understand why Ramada allows their name on this place . SKIP THIS PLACE

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Ramada-Glens F, General Manager at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

First let me respond by saying how sorry we are that your visit here was not under better circumstances. I would like to extend my condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. I would like to apologize that your stay was not as accommodating as you expected. I apologize if we were engaging in a conversation and I walked away from you, however I cannot recall ever doing this to a guest no matter the situation. My attention to any guest is regarded and held to the highest standard as it is my job to maintain a professional, honest and inviting atmosphere here at Ramada Queensbury-Lake George. I would never want someone to feel as though their thoughts, need and/or wants are not of importance because I would never want to be treated that way.

Our property is an older one, however we are always completing updates, new projects and ventures to accommodate our guests and the demands of the industry. This is one of the main reasons that we have a high percentage of return guests. They enjoy our staff and see the hard work that we put into our hotel to make it comfortable and enjoyable. I am happy that you got to enjoy our restaurant while you were here and experience their food and service first hand. At least that is one positive thing from your stay! With all this being said, I would like to offer you a complimentary room on us in the future or Wyndham Reward points that you can use at another property for your inconvenience. I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us or our brand in the future. I hope that I can have a chance to talk with you in person if you do choose to stay with us again. Thank you again for your comments as I take them seriously and make sure that we use them to better service our guests.

-Kevin Markham, GM

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

So this is your basic ramada inn right off the highway. Dated building but the rooms are comfortable. They have a small pub which is good. My only issue is that they have a 3 night minimum for the 4th of July weekend. There's hardly anyone here. I'm not pleased that they made us pay for 3 nights. Maybe it's an industry thing but like it said, no one is beating down ramada 's door to stay here. Ramada, kill the 3 night minimum stay!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Ramada-Glens F, Director of Sales at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you chose to stay with us for the holiday weekend and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us! Because our season is so short (Memorial Day - Labor Day) we require a 2 night minimum on weekends in the summer with the exception of certain holiday weekends which sometimes require more. We try to be competitive within our market and the majority of the hotels in the area also have the same requirements. So while this is not a corporate requirement, our area's demand during this time makes it difficult for us to "break the mold" so to speak. I did go back and check the numbers (just to make sure I didn't miss something) for the weekend...we were sold out and had been for quite some time. The weekend was beautiful and we had about half of our rooms pre-reserved by teams that competed in tournaments (many repeat teams that stay with us every year) in the area so maybe that is why you didn't see a lot of our guests here. I'm glad you got to enjoy our restaurant, Rainer's at the Ramada during your stay! The food and draft selection is fantastic! Our guests, like you are all important to us and so are your comments! I hope you come back and stay with us again in the future...you can always decide to come another weekend and you won't have to worry about the 3 night minimum. This may change in the future too...so make sure you always ask ahead of time what our requirements are. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
1.3 km away
#4 of 11 in Queensbury
3.2 km away
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
2.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
3.2 km away
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
8.8 km away
Best Western of Lake George
Best Western of Lake George
#19 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!