“Nice hotel, great breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, great breakfast”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a relative's wedding and it was clean and well-kept. The breakfast was absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jlatels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Excellent and quiet hotel stay for a business trip (with very fast reliable internet service). I would bring my family there anytime too. Staff was very helpful with recommendations for surrounding area. Pool area and hot tub were very clean and organized. Room was clean spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was great and the coffee and free cookies always hit the spot. Would definitely enjoy staying there anytime. Thanks especially to Jessica for the excellent pizza house recommendation. Great location with so much to do within a mile up and down route 9.

Room Tip: It seemed each hallways was quiet and a good choice. Right next door is the Great Escape Amusement P...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MJ33483
Ellenburg Center, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2012

When we checked in I realized at the desk that I had left my bag of shower and toiletry items at home. With a family of 5, going to the local walmart to purchase items we already had was not the way I wanted to start our weekend. Elaine at the desk was very helpful and supplied us with the basic items we would need to avoid spending extra money. She also reassured us about the safety lock near the top of the door in the room being very high as our last stay in another hotel ended in our 4 year old being able to unlock that latch and get out into the hall while we were sleeping. The rooms were clean and fresh smelling and that latch was indeed very high so our son could not get out. :) The complimentary breakfast the next morning was way more than any complimentary we've ever gotten anywhere else. We will definitely be going back. Thank you Elaine and all of the other great staff at the hotel! You made our stay wonderful!

Room Tip: Since we traveled with friends, the adjoining rooms were great to have!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jessica G
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I would like to take a moment and complement your hotel for the service I received this week when I called and made a reservation. The Assistant General Manager at your Hotel, Elaine Swain, made the reservation for me. However one of the Questions I asked her was approximately how far your location was from where I would need to go to attend meetings over the weekend. She gave me an approximate distance and I said fine thus ending the conversation. But Elaine went above and beyond the next morning. On her way to work Elaine actually traveled the route to make sure she had given me the correct distance. As it turns out the distance was further than she had estimated. The next thing Elaine did was take the time to call my cellular telephone and leave me a message indicating the distance was further than she had originally estimated in the event it may have changed my plans. In closing I would just like to say if the people on your staff are always this Customer Care/Service oriented...Then you should be very proud as you have a great organization.

Best Regards,

Ken Davis
Internet/Inventory Management Team
UNITED CAMC AUTOS INTERNATIONAL INC.
4600, Blvd. de laGrande-Allée

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ken D
New York City
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was a quick overnight on a foul weather travel day. Found the site online, called and made a reservation over the phone for a AAA rate. Arrived later that evening to a pleasant receptionist. The room was fine- cold (no heat was on, but it warmed up). Basic amenities, seemed like a quiet night and not noisy a hall. Up early the next morning... the free breakfast seemed like not much thought went into it... all prepacked, heavy on preservatives...I got some oatmeal and a cup of decaf and headed out. Was happy to have found this, and I'd stay here again if I needed a place to crash overnight.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter, away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank YaleDad
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Recently I stayed at Country Inn and Suites and was very pleased with the entire trip. Everyone was so helpful and nice. The stay was relaxing and fun. I enjoyed the pool and spa as well as the breakfast the next morning. Checking in and checking out was very fast and easy. The room was wonderful it had all the accomadations you could ask for including wi-fi.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
East Haddam, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Our experience at the Country Inn & Suites was truly a great weekend getaway. The hotel was exquisitely decorated for the holidays. The staff is warm and friendly. Breakfast was an experience, since we had a brunch that included a menu to remember-it was better that most restaurants.We are looking forward to our next getaway to Lake
george.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joanne m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
1.6 km away
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George
7.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)? Share your experiences!