“A favorite”

Flatiron Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Red Hook
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2016

One of my favorite restaurants in the area. Great food, great service. I like to meet here often with friends for a good meal. The duck, the salmon, the steak frites - oh, the the burgers. Can't say enough good things.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

Recommend by our innkeepers, we walked to the Flat Iron. Decor was understated elegance. Great service, delicious food, prepared perfectly. Menu had enough to please.
Very happy with our choic.

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Food was good. Had the Steak Frites. The service was excellent. The ambiance, too, was great. A bit pricy, but not over the top. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I was there with some friends and I still remembered when the place used to be not-so-nice-looking (but with very good pancakes) a few years ago. Well, it definitely changed aspect: the decor is refined, above average and the food was delicious.
We started with some shared appetizers of fine cut salami and I went on with a perfectly cooked New York strip. Very good choice of wine too.
The service was courteous and quick. It's certainly worth a stop.

Reviewed July 12, 2016

After a long day of traveling stopped in for a bite. What a great decision. Wait staff was friendly and informed and helped to suggest some options. Everything was terrific and I will be back!