“Nice place to stay”

The Red Hook Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Red Hook B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed in room 2 and enjoyed our room with the sitting table for working on the computer but really liked having a couch to be able to sit on. Pat was incredible from the time I spoke with her on the phone to make the reservations but especially her willingness to work with us to find another room closer to New Paltz. (Nothing about the Red Hook Inn, my son changed his location at the last minute and Pat was gracious enough to work with us so we were not 45 minutes away from each other). She even called other people to find us a place in New Paltz, who provides that kind of service nowadays? Nabil served us a good egg, potato & sausage breakfast with homemade 'biscuits'. My only complaint is that we didn't get to enjoy ourselves because of our change of locations. We hope to come back some day to really be able to explore and experience the Red Hook area and all that it has to offer. The only reason we are giving the sleep a 3 rating is because we prefer a very firm bed and this bed was soft and less firm than we are used to.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ladyflyer4, Owner at The Red Hook Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

We are so glad we were able to help you relocate to be that much closer to your son during his 'last 90 days!'
We hope you will return to stay during your next visit to the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY!

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We went to upstate NY to get married and found this Bed and Breakfast here on Trip Advisor. To our surprise and delight this had to be one of the B & B's we have staye at in a very long time. Pat was warm, welcoming and accomidating. There was 3 other parties there, and she never missed a detail for anyone. I would highly recommend if you are planning a trip to Red Hook/Rhienbeck area to head to THE RED HOOK COUNTRY INN, for the nicest rooms, and best Inn Keeper. Thank you Pat for a wonderful weekend...We will be back soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your kind comments! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My trip to Red Hook to visit my son at Bard was anxiety-ridden to begin with and we were both in poor spirits. I chose the Red Hook Inn because it was the closest place to Bard on my GPS. I knew from the moment I talked to Pat on the phone that this was a special place. On arriving, I knew that it was a great place. By the time I left I knew that it is a magical place. I have never had a better lodging experience. The charm of the Inn itself and of the town of Red Hook, the warm welcome and genuine sensitivity from Nabil and Pat, and the incomparable breakfast (fresh fruit, heavenly fresh and warm pumpkin donuts, fresh eggs and sausage and bread and potatoes, all served personally by a smiling and attentive Nabil) left us refreshed, renewed and reinvigorated. It was a truly remarkable experience!! Thank you, Pat and Nabil.

P.S. I stayed there again a couple of weeks later and it was just as good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 3 December 2011

For any occasion (special, emergency or just a temporary getaway from the everyday), The Red Hook Inn should be your only destination when in the Hudson Valley area. With very short notice, I needed to book 2 rooms for family members after the death of our Dad, and wanted a comforting homelike place for them to stay during the services. The Owners, Pat and Nabil of the Red Hook Inn proved to be more than superlative in their helpfulness, hospitality and compassion to our family's needs. In addition to fabulous accomodations, both in comfort and taste, they arranged and prepared a wonderful gourmet dinner for us and kept aware of the timing, as we needed to return to the evening wake. Words cannot describe the warmth and friendship we felt from the Owners, during this difficult time for our family. We felt as if we were in the warm embrace of family and friends together, making the most of a sad situation that brought us all together. Upon returning that evening, they even had warm drinks and cookies just in case we wanted a snack. Thoughtfulness, compassion, excellent cuisine and accomodations. I couldn't ask for more in arranging this for my out-of-town family members. My only desire is to return and enjoy all of the above under more happy circumstances, as soon as possible. The place is awesome, has alot of history, and the Owners are genuine and proud of their excellent Inn. No one should miss an opportunity to experience the wondeful Red Hook Inn and their congenial owners, Pat and Nabil.

Room Tip: Every room i saw was charming and personalized. I don't think anyone can go wrong with any sele...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dee c
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The Red Hook Inn puts the breakfast into the bed and breakfast experience. Nabil is a top notch chef, not just a cook. The eggs are fresh from hens housed on the property. The bread is home baked. Everything is freshly made, even the cinnamon donuts. Real coffee. With a little advance notice, you can also dine in by the fireplace with candle light and enjoy Nabil's gourmet soups, entrees, and desserts. If you are a coffee lover, you should indulge in Nabil's Turkish coffee with your dessert. Not to be missed. The rooms are very cozy. I felt like i was visiting a friend or family. The Dutch have a word for it--gezellig, cozy. My wife and I are so looking forward to returning. Especially because my wife enjoyed the spa tub in our room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wal2n
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My neighbor and I were without power and water at home for several days. Thank goodness for The Red Hook Country Inn. The owners were so very nice, the rooms were perfect. Clean, comfortable, with every bit of the charm you would hope to find in a B&B. Breakfast was lovely. I will happily be sending friends and family there when they come to visit. In fact, I look forward to going back myself, for an occasional getaway.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are lovely. There are a couple with deep jacuzzi type tubs. But really, I do...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My wife and I have just returned home from a romantic 3-day excursion to the Hudson Valley. We are really happy that we found the Red Hook Country Inn. We've stayed in a lot of B&Bs over the years, and we both agree that the Red Hook Inn is in the top tier. Pat and Nabil are terrific hosts, warm and welcoming. The rooms are spacious, thoughtfully decorated, and clean. Chef Nabil is very unassuming, but his delightful food reminds you that he previously cooked for Ari and Jackie Onassis, among others. The breakfast eggs come straight from the backyard chickens to your plate. Nabil is very conscious of special dietary needs, and he and Pat are generous with advice on what to see and do in the Hudson Valley. A big win. I don't typically rave, but I can't say enough about this couple and their inn.

Room Tip: Room #5 is very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Bohemian Inn
#5 of 16 in Saugerties
22.8 km away
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Red Hook Country Inn? Share your experiences!