Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
US$87
  • Pool
US$65
US$169
US$152
All reviewsstayed hereroom was cleanautomatic pancake makeramtrak stationeast greenbushone night staydecent hotelfree breakfastcomfortable staycapital districtthird floornew york citywalmartdeskshowerheadmaintenancerefrigerator
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here on the way home from Howe Caverns. Check in was painless and the front desk clerk (Austin?) was very nice. Pool was small but adequate for the kids. The whirlpool was nice. Pool area showed a little wear and tear, but nothing off-putting. The area was very neat and clean when we went down on Sat evening, but the chairs were full of dirty towels when we went in on Sunday AM. Not the hotels fault that people can't clean up after themselves. Small exercise room. Hubby went to use the treadmill on Sun AM, but it was broken. The room was decent sized (2 queens). TV was older tube style, but OK. Beds were comfy with choice of soft or firm pillows. Bathroom was a good size and clean. The shower curtain was a bit wobbly and not attached all the way to the wall.
Our room faced the road, but we didn't hear much noise with the A/C on. The other side of the hotel had nice views of the Albany skyline. Ask for those if you book. Breakfast was just OK. The danishes were very good. Lots of chain restaurants up and down the road. Price was OK ($143 for a Sat night -- AAA rate), but not great. I'd stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a skyline view room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. I requested a non-smoking room, but at first had been given a smoking one. When I informed the front desk of the error, they changed it immediately. The free breakfast is good and the beds are very confortable. I would stay here again. There is also several restaurants close by.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mrsdavis82206
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here on the way to CT to visit my daughter and it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't have a reservation because we just wanted to stop when we got tired, and this hotel was right off of I90. The room was clean, with 2 queen beds, good air conditioning, plenty of room and restaurants nearby. We were on the top floor and the view was amazing. I will stay here again for sure. The desk clerk was very nice and helpful, but I'm sorry I don't remember his name.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank clbv1
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) for 2 separate nights in May 2011 (drive down to Boston and on drive back from Boston).

Pros:

- The location -- We were travelling to Boston from Toronto and this seemed to be the right distance for the first day of drive (we split into 2 days) -- With the hotel located right off I-90, we were able to get to the hotel with very little trouble. Very handy and stress free.

- Free buffet breakfast with a decent selection for all -- My son loved the automatic pancake maker.

- Free internet with good reception

- Free parking

- Very Friendly and attentive staff -- Were prepared for our visit with cards already progamed and check-in forms printed -- Also got 2 free bottles of water because I was a Priority Rewards Member (anyone can join for free)

Cons:

- Dislike the policy where they ask you to leave the towels from swimming pool in the pool area. Not sure how they expect you to get back to your room (we ignored and returned them later in the day)

- Hotel seems a bit tired and could use a bit of an update but nothing glaring.

- Seemed a tad on the expensive side $98+tax and $123+tax

Advice:
There is a Cracker Barrel near the hotel -- We enjoyed the meal there.

Use the AAA/CAA rate for a discount if you are a member

Overall, I was satisfied with Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others as a no frills option

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ][
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This hotel is nothing but a junkyard...

To my misery, I had to stay here on two occasions and both times had to use the toilet in the nearby superstore.

Visit 1:

I was on a business trip staying here for a night. I walk into the room, use the toilet and try to flush it, it starts to overflow.

I tried to stop it with towels and called the manager. Manager arrives in 45 minutes after I called him three times. In the meantime, half the room is flooded with water from the toilet. Manager does not change my room. So I end up using the superstore toilet next morning and leave the hotel.

After I complain, and ridiculous number of emails, the manager finally mails me saying that he would give me a suite the next time I come and also offers me 5000 points.

Visit 2:

I took the offer to my misery, and went there again. As promised, I get the king suite. I walk into the room, flush the toilet only to see that the flush knob comes into my hand. Toilet overflows again and I am a flood again.

Manager comes in again and says he cant change my room. This time for a change, he is rude too. I use the toilet in the superstore again and leave the next morning.

The manager never gave me the 5000 points he promised and never did he apologize, and after paying some $150+ per night on two occasions, I get attitude and rude behavior from him.

I have complained this to the BBB and the manager does not care to reply back to them too.

Moral of the story: If you want to spend a night in a junkyard, with no toilet faciities and pay a ridiculous amount, and get attitude thrown at you, this is the right place.

PS: I spend over 50 nights in hotels every year, and have never come across a place more worse than this one.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business