Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
US$87
US$67
US$65
US$143
Residence Inn
All reviewsstayed hereroom was cleanautomatic pancake makeramtrak stationeast greenbushone night staydecent hotelfree breakfastcomfortable staycapital districtthird floornew york citywalmartdeskshowerheadmaintenancerefrigerator
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I have come to like the HI Express but this one left me desiring. The pool area looked awful!! Cardboard wrapped pillars and rust and chlorine stains all around. I read another review about toilets not working properly and brushed it off. When I walked in my room the toilet was running. Jiggle of the handle every flush. Breakfast was good though crowded at opening.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Picked this motel because of their free shuttle service to and from the Amtrak station. We had a one room king suite which was nice. We have reservations for October for the same room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLtraveler1988
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We pick this hotel because it was easy access to I-90, we needed a place to stay for 1 night, and we thought that Holidy Inn express meant a CLEAN basic room. We were mistaken. The halls smelled smokey and like a wet dog. The room was SO Dirty. Carpets had coffee stains & barefoot you could feel dirt on the floor. The bathroom tile was missing grout in areas, the bottom of the bathtub was filthy& to top it all off, the bottom 2 ft of the cloth shower curtain was covered in mold(assuming it hasn't been changed in more than a month). As I went to call the front desk, I noticed that theogony was covered in dirt and dust and looked like it was never cleaned. Gross. Unfortunately, I was unable to find another hotel available in the area so we had to stay. Needless to stay, wedidn't rest well and felt 'dirty' after our visit. Never again will we stay at a Holiday Inn express!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank gmo0905
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here on the way home from Howe Caverns. Check in was painless and the front desk clerk (Austin?) was very nice. Pool was small but adequate for the kids. The whirlpool was nice. Pool area showed a little wear and tear, but nothing off-putting. The area was very neat and clean when we went down on Sat evening, but the chairs were full of dirty towels when we went in on Sunday AM. Not the hotels fault that people can't clean up after themselves. Small exercise room. Hubby went to use the treadmill on Sun AM, but it was broken. The room was decent sized (2 queens). TV was older tube style, but OK. Beds were comfy with choice of soft or firm pillows. Bathroom was a good size and clean. The shower curtain was a bit wobbly and not attached all the way to the wall.
Our room faced the road, but we didn't hear much noise with the A/C on. The other side of the hotel had nice views of the Albany skyline. Ask for those if you book. Breakfast was just OK. The danishes were very good. Lots of chain restaurants up and down the road. Price was OK ($143 for a Sat night -- AAA rate), but not great. I'd stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a skyline view room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. I requested a non-smoking room, but at first had been given a smoking one. When I informed the front desk of the error, they changed it immediately. The free breakfast is good and the beds are very confortable. I would stay here again. There is also several restaurants close by.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business