“Beautiful, historic B&B in bucolic setting near local attractions”

Bitter Sweet Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Bitter Sweet Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We relaxed just upon pulling into the driveway of this picturesque farmhouse in a lush, wooded setting. Comfortable large room, attractive décor. Quiet and peaceful ambience.Delicious breakfasts in sunny dining room. Pleasant and helpful proprietress. Evening bunny watch from our upstairs room most rewarding.

Room Tip: We peeked at all the rooms. All were beautiful; most were booked. We were upstairs at front of hou...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This place is romantic, very nice place to be. We made reservations from England and the comodations were really nice!! We have been coming here for 7 years and will keep on coming here. The breakfast is homemade and there are beautiful walks around the area. Breathtaking!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

For the 2nd time , I stayed at this delightful country B&B , while attending an Omega Institure Wotkshop ..
I feel like coming to BITTERSWEET is like coming home !!!
Edith the owner, is absolutely charming and so very welcoming..

I would not hesitate in telling my friends to go to the BITTERSWEET!!!
Although we did not eat breakfast there , Edith made sure we had fresh hot Columbian coffee in the morning , and homemade dessert when we returned in the evening !
A true delightful experience !!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I was in NYS for a weekend at Omega and they were sold out of rooms. So I found the BitterSweet B&B. Edith the owner could not have been nicer - she was at the house every time I came in and asked if there was anything I needed every time. She was so kind and just a lovely person. My stay was exactly what I needed. It was September and should have been cool at night and nice during the day. Well it was in the 90's with high humidity. The night was just as bad. I was fortunate to have AC!!! The people staying at Omega did not have the same situation. The bed was very comfortable and I slept great every night. The room was very clean and I had more than enough room. Edith also recommended a few places to eat - the food at Omega was very limited - She sent me to and amazing restaurant - when I thanked her she told me the staff is from CIA. She was so very kind with beautiful home. I didn't have breakfast - doing yoga and breakfast isnt always a good combination.....but Edith said she had farm fresh eggs, bacon, toast, fresh cooked potatoes..... Im sure it would be delicious.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2016

This was a last minute Saturday night sleepover in Rhinebeck, after a long day of college tours, while everything else was booked. Recommended by the first B&B owner we called, we booked sight unseen for a family of four plus dog. Edith, the proprietor was incredibly patient and friendly, as we arrived on the late side. The room was comfortable and so quiet! In the morning we woke up to a beautiful garden, hearty breakfast and pleasant conversation. We will be back!!

Room Tip: The bottom floor room (#1) was great for travel with two teenage kids.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Just returned from a 3-night stay with Edith- she took great care of us at her Bittersweet B&B- Super breakfasts each morning stoked us for excursions to Rhinebeck's downtown, Culinary Institute of America (CIA) lunch, a stroll at Omega Institute and Innesfree Garden and a visit to Tuthilltown Distillery- Gorgeous Hudson River Valley area, laid-back and friendly people made a super impression on us. Highly recommended for some needed R&R-

Room Tip: If you have kids or teens or want lots of space, check out the first floor suite- Very spacious and...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2016

This quaint bed and breakfast is nestled in the woods of Rhinebeck and to get to town was very easy. Also very close to the Omega Institute and other beautiful places in the Hudson Valley. The owner Edith is absolutely delightful and made sure she got up long before any of us did to insure we had coffee and breakfast before our day adventures. I had an absolutely marvelous time staying there as a "home base" as I went to a retreat at Omega, went to Val-Kill and other special places of interest.

Room Tip: I loved room 7 as it was spacious and had a stunning view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
13.4 km away
1.4 km away
Old Stone Farm
Old Stone Farm
#8 of 15 in Rhinebeck

Been to Bitter Sweet Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!