All reviewswith open armsomega institutea great stayupstairs roomrhinebeck villagehome away from homeediththomashousehostess
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I just wanted to say what a great weekend we had staying at the Bitter Sweet B&B. I was there to celebrate my 60th birthday and was warmly greeted by Edith the owner. I must say we found the the hospitality and the cleanliness to be remarkable.The breakfast was great and the coffee exceptional. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated and charming
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2017

The rooms are really nice and the people are very accommodating. overall an amazing experience! I visited about two weeks ago and will definatly be return.

Walking distance to the Main Street town which is a plus as well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

My wife and kids 15, 13, 11, 4, 3 all visited and stayed at the Bittersweet over several days including this July 4. The woman that ran the B&B was warm and inviting and provided an exceptional breakfast. She provided keen insight into area activities and was extremely attentive to ensuring our accommodations was comfortable and enjoyed by the entire family. Our overall experience was 5 stars and I would highly recommend staying here when visiting the area

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2017

My husband and I decided to take a last minute getaway upstate (from NYC) and were lucky enough to find this charming home. Establishing relationships with hosts is one of the way I judge B&B's, so when I called to make the reservation and spoke with Edith, I knew we'd be in for a treat. We were welcomed with a joyful hug and an enthusiastic rundown of the places we could go. Our room had a balcony overlooking open fields and a peaceful pond. We sat out, had some wine and listened to the frogs grunt and the birds sing. The bed was super comfortable (one of those old, high beds from which the phrase "climb into bed" must have come), clean bathroom with great towels (another way I judge places). A yummy breakfast of fresh eggs, bacon, and potatoes got us started for our next day of exploration. If you're looking for 5-star elegance, this rustic home is not necessarily the place for you, but if you're looking for top-notch hospitality and a cozy, comfortable, romantic getaway, Bitter Sweet is your place. We will be back and look forward to seeing Edith again.

Room Tip: Room 8 is the only one with the balcony and it's totally worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HRDancer
Reviewed June 19, 2017

This is my third year at the Bittersweet B&B -- the accommodations are charming and the owner and hostess is wonderful. This is also a great location for anyone who is attending the Omega Institute as well.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends