“Bad attitude”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you want to be treated with no respect then this is for you. We walked in asked for a table the maitre’d showed us a table in the cafe section so we informed her that we would like to sit in the lunch side. She huffed and then took us to a table. We sat down and she handed us the menu. We decided on a bottle of Brunello red and the lamb,and two NY beef steaks. The server came to take the order, and only the after we started to order did he tell us they were only serving the brunch menu. Ridiculous, why not inform us before or when you handed over the menu.

1  Thank Paola P

Reviewed August 27, 2018

This was the second time we were there. Our first visit was in summer of 2017. Food is still great. The place is sill crowded, noisy and has very small tables.However the negatives are worth enduring for the good food. We both had the veal this time. Very good. Finished every bite. The soft shell crab appetizer was also great. Desert is always wonderful for us. Love the food just wish it was a little quieter and not so squeezed in.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

What a great menu and wine list. The specials were too good to pass up, but we chose a few items from the appetizers list. Service was excellent as was the French wine.
This was an enjoyable meal from beginning to end.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I had the opportunity to spend a week in Rhinebeck last month. I ate at this restaurant 3-4 times. It is a charming....inviting place. The staff is welcoming and attentive......and the food is excellent. I had the soft shell crab dinner.....a snack and beer....and a lunch. My favorite is the French onion soup......authentic....and dripping with hot cheese. I paired it with a house salad and wine....which were also good. They also have some interesting beers on tap. The staff recognized me on my second visit....I was impressed by that. If you have the opportunity to visit Rhinebeck, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Unusual to find such a fine French restaurant in a small NY township, but Le Petit Bistro was just that. Food was excellent (except for one obviously bad oyster!!) and a little pricey but would eat there again, no problem