“Always a good time around the holidays”
Review of Bistro 72

Bistro 72
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 72 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Road
Description: Bistro 72 brings you a distinctive contemporary dining experience on Long Island’s East End. Our cuisine seasonally showcases the finest locally-grown ingredients and regional wines. We offer natural and organic options when possible presenting a delectable menu of fine pairings and great flavors. We feature indoor/outdoor and poolside/ fireside dining.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I meet old work friends here every year around Christmas time-it's a pretty relaxed vibe and I've never felt rushed by the staff so it's great to hang out and catch up at the bar with drinks.

There are newer reviews for Bistro 72

Reviewed 18 May 2017

My wife and I have been frequent visitors to Bistro 72 and loved their menu. A few weeks ago, the menu changed and we were some what disappointed. Not being one to just grumble and write a bad review, I took the initiative to contact the manager of their food and beverage service. I never really expected to hear back. Much to my surprise, Debbie Mahoney contacted me that same day. She took to heart all of my comments and suggestions, she then proceeded to address all of my concerns. She even changed the menu to reflect my comments. In today's world, where service means more and more, Debbie demonstrated the she, and Bistro 72 were attune to their clientele and wanted to present a very pleasurable experience. Debbie even asked us to let her know the next time we'd be by for dinner. She joined us at our table and once again assured us that our satisfaction was their main concern.

Tonight my wife had the salmon and I had a burger. The portions are plentiful and prepared to perfection. Our server, Julia is an absolute professional. She checked on us several times to make sure that everything was to our liking and that our drinks didn't run dry. Even the Chef, another Debbie, came out to meet us. We had met her once before during Restaurant Week.
Before we left, Robbie, one of the owners of the hotel stopped by to say hello.

What more can I say, a great hotel with a wonderful restaurant which serves up a fabulous breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. During the summer they host incredible music events on the patio by their pool, dancing encouraged. If you're coming out to the Hamptons or the North Fork make sure you stop by and try their fare, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We started with the Mediterranean Platta that was excellent all down hill after. We waited at least a half an hour for our meals they were simp,e dished but apparently more than the kitchen could handle. The other couple with us each had salads they were $19 each and were size of side salads. I had a burger and fries my husband had the buffalo wrap they were both missing components that were listed on the menu and my burger was clearly a cheap frozen patty since I kept getting bone fragments. Not a great choice, would not go back.

1  Thank Stephaniedesantis
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile now. We got a $29 groupon for $50 worth of food (only one groupon per table). There were four of us in our party (two meat eaters and two vegetarians). We were all first timers at this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. Both Hotel and restaurant have an updated modern feel. Two of us shared a bottle of wine and two others had beer. They had a limited craft beer menu and the waiter didn't seem to be knowledgeable in the types of beers. Pretty sure he gave us wrong beers 2x. They didn't taste like usual. Two vegetarians ordered only entree available which was really a vegan ravioli with veggies. Came with like 5 or 6 small raviolis. Was ok, definitely not worth $25 each entree. Other two in party had a salmon dish which was so small and a cheeseburger which tasted like it was a frozen patty.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I have wanted to try this place for awhile and unfortunately I was left thinking I probably won't return. Our food was good, but not excellent and we waited to even be greeted for 15 minutes when there were free tables open. We almost left before we even got started but I wanted to try the place so we stayed. It is not an inexpensive restaurant and the food just wasn't that good to make it worth coming back.