“great little hiden find!!!”

FARM COUNTRY KITCHEN
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: EXCELLENT LITTLE PLACE - OVERLOOKS THE PECONIC RIVER - CASUAL
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My sisters~in~ law and friend took me here for my 60th birthday. had a blast!!! You can bring your own wine, which they will open ,supply glasses, and put on ice @ your table!!! Food was wonderful, view was beautiful, ducks and geese and swans in the river!! Can't wait to go back. Quaint old farmhouse, place is tight, but that's part of the charm.

There are newer reviews for FARM COUNTRY KITCHEN

Reviewed 9 August 2017

You can't judge a book by its cover. From the street, this place looks tiny and uninviting. Upon entering, it is quaint and a bit cramped. I am not sure how much I would love eating here in bad weather. Head out back though and it transforms. There is a very cute covered deck with a number of tables overlooking a yard and a tiny "river". Step down a steep rock staircase to a number of tables (really picnic benches with umbrellas) set up down by the river, with a firepit and some plastic aidirondack chairs. It really is nicer than it sounds - lovely outdoor setting. Bring bug spray though because of the proximity to the river, which is literally a few fee from some of the tables.
The food is terrific. The New Orleans Scallop app is a must - terrific, expertly cooked. The salads are substantial and very good. The Hangar steak is delicious even if it could use another slice or two of steak. Civilized, not humongous portions. I was very confused by all the reviews citing BYOB. They apparently don't have a "bar", but do have a decent wine list. I brought my own as I thought they had none and the restaurant opened and poured it for me with absolutely no corkage charge - huge savings.
Between the setting, the fair prices and the food, I definitely look forward to returning some day.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I have been to this place since it opened. But oh boy what a disappointment this past week. The menu items sound great as you read them. Then the dish comes and what a disappointment. My chicken sandwich the maria panini had chicken that tasted like it was a left over cutlet that was recooked again. It was so dry and hard I had to cut it with a knife. They boost about their freshness of products that's nice if the food was actually fresh. I will find it hard to go back there to eat again and I'm all for patronizing local businesses.

1  Thank mav4324
Reviewed 21 July 2017

A refurbished farmhouse with the most deliciously prepared food ever. Set on the Peconic River with gorgeous views and outside seating if you wish. We had a really delicious salad to share and then a salmon dish and a fra diavolo dish. Both were really good and the staff was extremely friendly. It is an adorable, small place but yet you do not feel tight at all as there is plenty of room. Jeff the manager is a doll and was so sweet in talking with us and chatting for a bit. I will go back without a doubt as i we really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Arrived on a Friday at 2:30 for lunch. (For parking, you can use the marked lot across the street, so it's not as difficult to find as spot as it used to be. Still somewhat limited though, and crossing the street is death-defying as there are no crosswalks and it's a super-busy main street.)

The portions were very small. The Nantucket salad, although fresh, contained only four medium shrimp and few slices of hard peaches for the "peach and balsamic salsa" served on it. Goat cheese on it was good, but for $15 I had hoped to have considerably more on my plate. I left hungry. One friend I ate with had the Caesar wrap ($9.50), which was okay but just your average wrap. Another had the Callisto panini which was actually on a bun not done as a panini and, again, rather small. The San Fernando panini was similar - okay but not what we had expected from a Zagat-rated restaurant. I'd skip this restaurant in favor of pretty much any other one.

1  Thank Lisa S