“Great Location, Friendly Staff, Great Menu”
Review of Perabell Food Bar

Perabell Food Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Perabell Food Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I have been here often and always for dinner. If its 7/8 PM I have enjoyed a very nice meal from their Burger, Pasta, Fish or Specials menu. As of late I have been dining at the Bar or To-Go when its closer to 9pm and fell in love with the Chopped Salad. Staff is always pleasant, Bar and Restaurant, and ensures you are happy!

1  Thank O6701NGfs
There are newer reviews for Perabell Food Bar

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Kind service. Very tasty meals and good price. Fresh fish and nice atmosphere. Nice for families with children

Reviewed 2 June 2017

It was the day of downtown Riverhead's chalk painting event so we decided to have dinner at Perabell which is located right in the heart of downtown. We made a reservation because it was Memorial Day weekend and we did not want to wait forever to get a table. We were promptly seated upon arrival at a booth near the entrance that was used as a leaning post for patrons waiting for a table. We had kids kicking the back of the booth, people looking over and asking us what we were eating and/or drinking. After awhile we made like we did not hear their questions, which was believable since it was very loud in the restaurant. We all ordered the same cocktail and all but one of us received an appropriate large glass. Hmm, was our friend who received the small glass bad?? The food was average. Some items, eggplant and burrata, were good, and others braised short rib very dry and chewy. Did you really braise it for 6 hours?? I think not. Dessert was good and coffee weak, but there was one very annoying thing that kept occurring that will be the reason we do not return. Every time our waitress or any employee came over to our table they asked if they could take a glass, a dish, the bread plate, the water glass. Okay, we know it was busy, but they all and especially our waitress really made us feel rushed and in the end irritated. My husband had to grab his wine glass because she was reaching for it as she was asking if she could clear it from the table. She would even ask one of us to remove our entree plate when the others were still eating. I found this very rude and her tip reflected it. The kicker is that she continued to do this knowing that it was annoying us. Maybe she had a date and her shift was ending soon.

1  Thank SusB962
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Came here with a large group of friends, and we were seated promptly with great service from our bartender and server. I ordered a burger with a side salad it came out perfect and was absolutely delicious. A lot of people ordered some of the brick oven pizza and it looked and smelled delicious. ( damn carbs )

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This downtown Riverhead spot was surprisingly busy on a rainy Monday night. We were promptly seated. From the beer card, I ordered a Montauk IPA. Sorry, we're out of it. No problem, I'll have the Long Ireland. Not available. Changing gears, I said I'll have a Beefeater. The waitress returned to say, no Beefeater. I thought I was in Python's cheese shop sketch. But Tanqueray was available and we moved on. Nice evening. Very large menu; the pizzas cooked in a large signature oven center stage were outstanding. They are medium thick crust, six slices, suitable for sharing or enough for one hearty eater. The sausage and cherry peppers, I recommend. Very good calamari. Excellent service. Can be loud. Free parking behind and a rear entrance. Outdoor tables view the Peconic.