All reviews front desk rochester greece full kitchen separate bedroom beer and wine complimentary breakfast make your own waffles beds were very comfortable comfortable stay business center strong museum of play olive garden exercise room quiet location sofa bed excellent stay yogurt
Reviewed September 23, 2018

I visited Rochester with my two sisters and had stayed at this property previously, so decided to use it again-big mistake. I will say the staff was very friendly and, for the most part, tried to assist us with our room issues. First off, as noted in previous reviews, the lobby furniture needs to be junked. It is worn and shabby.
Our room, or rooms were the major issue. Our first suite had standing water in the dishwasher that would not drain. The toilet ran constantly and could not be stopped. Our request to be moved was granted; the problem was the new room was just as bad. The wall in the closet was wet and some of our personal belongings ended up damp. We woke up to cold showers 3 days during our stay and resulted in delays to our travels waiting for this problem to be resolved. There was mold growing on the wall around the baseboards in the closet of our second room (see pictures). Discussion with the staff at the front desk resulted in sympathetic nods, but no compensation for our toleration of these problems. For a Hilton property, this was a disgrace. Will definitely NOT stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear KonaRod,

I can not apologize enough for the problems you experience. We fell short of the Hilton standard as well as our own. This is an issue that should not have happened and I can assure this will not happen to another guest.

In regards to the lobby furniture, we are having our lobby completely renovated within the next 6 months. All of the chairs will be replaced for a fresh new look.

In regards to the mold, this may have been caused due to unexpected leak as the bathtub is situated directly behind and this is something we take very seriously and will always take care and I am sorry we missed it.

I can assure you we will review our policies with the front desk in resolving a guest complaint.

If possible we would like you to contact the hotel as we are not able to determine which guest you are so that we may compensate you properly for your troubles. Again, we sincerely apologize.

Best regards

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I booked this hotel for my wedding block. When talking with the other hotels near by they were by far the easiest to work with, willing to work with my budget, and friendliest. They answered all of our questions promptly and were always in consistent communication.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Thank you so much for your response and review of the hotel. It was an absolute pleasure working with your wedding party and I am glad everything worked out.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish the happy couple all the best in the future!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Lobby furniture is shabby and chairs are too low for the tables. Hot breakfast food is reconstituted. Several housekeeping issues with my room the 1st day but they fixed everything when I told them about it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Ronald H,

I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced. In regards to the chairs in the lobby, we do have a renovation scheduled later this year and we fully plan to have the lobby completely redone with a fresh new look and this includes the chairs. I am sorry as this is not the norm for us and we do understand the chairs have shown their age which is why are taking the steps to provide a fresh new look for our guests.

In regards to the housekeeping issues you experienced we truly apologize. I am not sure exactly what the issues were but I am we were able to fix everything for you. I will relay you comments to our Executive Housekeeper and staff.

We hope you give us another chance to prove to you why we are leaders in the hospitality industry.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Room was dirty. Ceiling extremely full of dust. Not to expect this from Hilton chain hotel. I notified them on my way out about the room. If you book this hotel check your room as soon as you arrive because we were in a hurry cause of a wedding, when we got back at night we found all that.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear alysusana2018,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced and you can be assured this will be addressed with our housekeeping department. This is not the standard we adhere to and I am sorry we fell short.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

We arrived and the hotel was disgusting. There were dirty linens and empty shampoo bottles littering the floors of the hallways on the way to our room, inside the room the kitchen was missing a cabinet and pipes were exposed, they were drink rings all of the counters, the arms of the sofa and chair were worn and dirty, the TV cabinet was so covered in dust that it was thick enough to write our name in, around the bathtub there were stains. We left and didn’t stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick C, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear PinkDog563,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry you were not satisfied. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests are satisfied and I am sorry this was not the case with you. In regards to the missing cabinet you mentioned, I want to clarify the cabinet was not missing. You stayed in a handicap accessible room to where the bottom cabinet below the sink is purposely missing to accommodate a wheelchair.

I was a little surprised to read about the dust you mentioned. We have very high cleanliness standards and would never allow this to happen as this area in the room is cleaned everyday by our housekeeping department and then inspected by our Executive Housekeeper. I will however mention your comments to the entire team to ensure this does not happen again.

We thank you for your comments and would love to have you back to show you the standards we adhere to as a Hilton Hotel.