“No Longer Original Crab Shack but now ROCfish”
Review of The Original Crab Shack - CLOSED

The Original Crab Shack
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rochester's Original Crab Shack is NOW RocFish (to get out from a national Chain's shadow) We are open seven days a week for lunch AND dinner. Seafood, Pasta, Steaks, Salads, Sandwiches and more. Locally Owned. Locally Operated. Open at 11am Daily. Across from MCC.
Reviewed 23 December 2015

Excellent sea food restaurant just recently renamed. Same owners and similar menu as before. Good selection of soups and seafood entries.

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

A friend had recommended ROCfish for good seafood and it didn't disappoint. The service was attentive and friendly and the food was excellent. One fellow diner had the fried shrimp while another had a seafood pasta with shrimp, scallops, and lobster... both said they would get them again. I had the grilled swordfish, which was cooked perfectly, and the marinated artichoke salad, which was refreshingly light and tasty. The lobster bisque, though, really stole the show. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

ROCfish is the newly-reborn restaurant known as The CrabShack. They changed their name and indeed their entire restaurant to distinguish themselves from the other restaurant in town with the same name. ROCfish also changed their menu, adding many new and wonderful-looking entrees that combine seafood with different fresh and unique ingredients and preparations. I had called them a week in advance to place a special order. Since it was my birthday, I ordered a 2 1/2 lb. lobster, and they got me exactly what I wanted...to perfection! It came out perfectly cooked and huge and tender. WONDERFUL! My wife had the ahi tuna, which was similarly perfect.

Along with the menu, the owners have changed the interior of the restaurant as well, making it even more upscale and sophisticated throughout the spacious dining room. It is really quite lovely inside, and a little less "sea-ish." (They got rid of some of the nautical decorations, buoys, etc., to add the new tones inside.)

This place really is a great place to enjoy wonderful seafood. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Been going here for years under the name the Original Crab Shack. Well recently they changed their name to ROCFISH. Same owners - same great food and service. My friend and I went for drinks and appetizers to celebrate her birthday. Our bartender Joe- gave excellent service. We had fried oysters, clams casino and seafood nachos. We definitely ordered too much food but everything was great. Previously I have had the bisque and fish fry both are the best in Rochester. Do not waste your time on that overpriced Joe's crab shack this restaurant blows them away.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

My wife and I visited ROCFish (the new name for The Original Crab Shack) for the first time last week. We were happily surprised at what a great seafood restaurant this is. We started our dinner with a couple of appetizers. One was lobster bisque which was hands down the best lobster bisque in Rochester. This bisque was stuffed full of large chunks of lobster! Our other appetizer was the West Coast style calamari. The calamari was great. For dinner we tried the Friday night $9.95 beer battered haddock fish fry. The fish fry is offered every night for $15 but is only $9.95 on Friday. It was excellent. After such a great first visit we will definitely be returning soon!