“Only one thing makes this four stars instead of five”
Review of Osteria Rocco

Osteria Rocco
Ranked #49 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Small restaurant, maybe 12 tables, great ambiance, fabulous service, awesome food. The menu is not large, but it’s enticing. I️ had two appetizers, as usual. The grilled octopus was terrific. It’s on the regular menu. I️ also ordered the baked clams, not clammy enough, but still tasty. My husband started with the Rocco salad, which he proclaimed the best restaurant salad he’d ever had. It sure looked great. He also ordered the gnocchi with a side of meatballs, and that’s where they lost a star. You’ve had gnocchi? Wonderful little potato pillows, served in most good Italian restaurants. These were not gnocchi. They didn’t look like gnocchi, they didn’t taste like gnocchi. They were good, he said, but not gnocchi. When we asked the server, she said, yes, but they were Roman gnocchi. She said she gets the question a lot. SO....I️ would suggest they warn diners who order gnocchi that they’re not going to get what they think they’re ordering. We are going back, he’s just not going to order the not-so-gnocchi.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

The homemade ricotta app is something you should come for. And the butterscotch dessert is something you should stay for. The wait staff are very knowledgeable about wine. Great for family and dates.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Went to Osterio Rocco for the first time ever with friends. Would place it among the top five restaurants in the area. Enjoyed many of the dishes mentioned in other reviews: succulent pulpo to convert the wary to octopus fans, wonderful home made ricotta over charred bread, the best pork chop ever, superb gnocchi and tasty specials. Will be returning for sure!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Many good items on the menu for dinner, but my favorite is the pork chop. its huge so go hungry or expect to bring some back.
For lunch on Frida, the porchetta sandwich is tasty, moist, and with burnt ends, is unbelievably good.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Although I give four stars it really was more worth 3 1/2. I'll tell you why.

Terrible parking, I had to park in Fairport, OK I'm kidding but it was like two blocks away.

Pricey given what you receive. With appetizer's an entrée and one dessert for two people plus wine you could easily end up paying $150 for two people after tip. Given the fact that it is somewhat pricey it would've been nice if somebody could've parked my car for me with a charge.

Slightly small tables AND the tables are pretty close to each other.

Finally I did not at first realize it but it was very loud. I actually did not realize how loud it was until I left the restaurant.

Those were the only reasons why I would not have easily given it 4 Stars. We totally enjoyed the service. We also loved the food. We had a table of four and we ordered a lot of appetizers including a pizza . There was a slight problem with the small table given the fact that we had so many appetizers. In essence we totally enjoyed dinner but given the small tables and the price I felt like I was in Manhattan with Manhattan prices. I would easily go back to Rocco but I'm not in a rush.

2  Thank Rick G