“Great Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Went to Rocco mid week as a treat and could not have been happier. The restaurant was not crowded and the list of specials made it hard to choose.

But choose we did, my husband had one of the specials, a fried chicken sandwich (what?) and said it was the best chicken sandwich he had ever had. I had a delicious steak which was cooked perfectly.

Service was amazing, food was great. What more could you want for a night out?

Reviewed March 4, 2018

walked in Saturday night without a reservation; just happened to catch a cancellation in progress. we were seated immediately! dining room is intimate without a stuffy feel, and welcoming without being loud. food and service out of this world; servers and chefs were approachable and informative. had the warm olives and the veal special-excellent!! sadly, no room for dessert!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

My son made the reservation, so when we arrived we had a short wait at the bar before being seated. I had an interesting meal - chicken, quail, and butternut squash with greens. My son had linguini with clams. We shared a piece of chocolate cheesecake for dessert. The portions were just right - not overly large like many restaurants. Our waitress was helpful, and knowledgeable about the choices, and our dinners arrived quickly. I will try to get back there soon for another meal.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The food is good very overpriced for what you get. I am use to eating at fine dining restaurant and don't mind paying for food. However you should get what you pay for. Table are very close together and parking is difficult.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

My friend and I visited Rocco last Saturday. Rocco is one of our favorite places to eat, and we've frequented it like a dozen times over the past ten years. Saturday January 13th was not our usual great experience. Right away our server tells us how Rocco cannot accommodate any special requests or changes to the menu. Alright, but we didn't even ask this question. Secondly, I asked if the pasta was made in-house (I had never asked this question before) and I was disappointed to learn it is not. Okay, not a huge deal but on the other hand Rocco is a small Italian eatery with a small menu so one might think homemade pasta was a no-brainer. But the biggest disappointment of the night involved our favorite ricotta and charred bread appetizer. We love the ricotta and charred bread! As the server approached our table with the ricotta and charred bread, the smell of burnt toast preceded her arrival. The charred bread was not just lightly charred as expected but instead it barely looked edible. Many of the pieces were black on three of the four sides. It was burnt, no question. Not the end of the world, but when my friend decided to politely show it to the server, she sarcastically dismissed our comment claiming "no, this is how it is supposed to be". We felt disappointed by her reaction and unfortunately she really flavored our overall experience that evening. We will still likely give Rocco another shot, but I can say that it has slipped in my rank of favorite Rochester restaurants. With so much competition and great new local places, I hope Rocco takes these comments to heart.

A long-time, loyal Rocco customer