“WORST pizza crust.”

Ranked #76 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The roots of our pizza making go back to the early 1950's in Brooklyn where my uncle Steve opened his first pizzaria on Brooklyn Ave and growing up in my fathers pizzaria on Long Island we learned the fine art of making NY pizza. We opened our business in 1986 in downtown Rochester have been here ever since. We moved to a larger location just 30 feet away in 2015. We make one of the only true NY pizzas in Rochester not to mention our stuffed pizzas, frozen take and bake stuffed pizzas, and a wide variety of specialty pizzas, calzones, pizza turnovers, garlic knots and cinnamon knots. If you like a thin crust NY pizza then we are the place for you, come down and check us out.
Reviewed August 23, 2018

WORST crust i've ever had. i knew they didn't use a box to carry a slice, but i swear i was eating the cardboard bottom. this place used to be very good. something happened...never again.

jim92256, Owner at The Pizza Stop, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

I'm not sure what happened either, we've been making the same crust for 33 years now and I can tell you nothing has happened, since the early 1950's when my uncle came up with the dough recipie. You say we used to be very good, so all it takes is one off slice and you say never again! REALLY.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at Riverside Hotel and didn’t feel like getting back in the car for dinner. Family and I walked to the Pizza Stop and ordered a Sicilian and it was delicious! The cheese was amazing and the sausage and pepperoni was great. Definitely would return...just be careful walking thru the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

that isn't complete crap or a franchise (so mostly, crap). Tastes like the real thing from The City and you'd be hard-press to find a better slice upstate.

Thank Surprise Han So... T
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My cousin and I was just passing through the city and she had never had New York style pizza. After reading the review on here we stopped in. It was great! I am kind of a pizza sob since I worked in the business for several years. My cousin is trying to figure out a way back there on our road trip. Make the stop. It was great!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

I grew up in NYC, so as far as pizza goes im a bit spoiled. And rochester, quite frankly, has quite a few less-than-wonderful pizza joints. But Pizza astop is authentic NY City style pizza, in a NY city themed setting..... big tasty slices at a good price. I highly recommend it.