“A little disappointed ”

Price range: US$15 - US$100
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We were greeted very nicely and seated right away. My lobster bisque was good not great. My wife loved the crab legs and my daughter loved her filet. I had the special...bone in filet. A little disappointing, not as good as I was hoping for. The service on the other hand was superb. Not trying to sound cheap but it was my daughters birthday and the candle and cake that they brought out was a great idea but I would have thought it should have been complementary.

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Jimmy, thank you very much for your review. I'd like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for the less than stellar dining experience you had with us. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service, we are concerned about the food issues mentioned. I would like to speak with you further about this. Please send us an email with the date you dined and your reservation name and we will work quickly to make up for this poor experience. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Went for lunch with friends, everyone ordered different items. I started with cup of lobster bisque, then had "black and blue" salad. Amazing!!

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Tim, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review and share with us your experience. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We have been to the B&B a number of times for special celebrations, and it always has been good. My favorite dish has been the 2lb. Alaskan King Crab. Our visit on 09/03/2017 was a real disappointment. The crab, which I request to be removed from the shell, is a $75 charge. In the past, it was delicious. On this visit, there was cartilage in every large bite of crab. The others in our party seemed happy with their meals, so this represents my opinion. Our server was excellent with just enough attentiveness.

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience in our restaurant. This is certainly not what you should expect from us. I want to assure you that we will be sharing your notes with the kitchen team to make the appropriate adjustments, immediately. If you don't mind, please send us an email so we can speak with your further about what we can do for you. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Had a really nice meal here with friends. We had to book in advance as it is a busy place. The service was great, very attentive. The menu was excellent, I had the fillet steak and mash potatoes! and a red Malbec from Argentina. Well recommended.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience and look forward to sharing it with the entire b&b team. Thank you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2017

Found this restaurant in trip advisor and went in with high expectation. We were there at around 8pm in a Wednesday without any booking. We waited for 10 mins before we get the table which was OK. I went to the bar and order something that was not on the menu. The bartender was willing to help and made it for me which is very nice of her. The drink came out to be quite good. As we expected the portion to be big, we order one salad to share between the two of us and each of us order our own steak. Our server Natalie and her assistant Rachel were excellent servers with professional service. I would like to try something new (which I used to have New York Strip), Natalie recommended a Kansas bone-in style strip loin. The salad was very tasty and fresh. For the steak, my friend ordered New York strip and it was cook very well. However, my bone-in strip was a bit overcook. The sizzling plate made the overcook steak even tougher. After the first couple bites, one side of my steak became very cooked and tough. Natalie was nice to offer to change it for me. I figured it will take another 20 mins for the new steak and therefore I turned down her offer. We had fries for side which is not great as well. The sauce that come with the fries was good but the fries itself are not good. Overall, the ambience and the services make this restaurant a good one but I was a bit disappointed with the overcooked steak.

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Emily, my name is Kiley and I am the Guest Relations Manager for our restaurant group. I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our restaurant. Improperly cooked steak is certainly not the standard you should expect from us. Would you mind sending us an email with your reservation name, date and time so we can look further into the issues? It sounds as if we dropped the ball and we would like the opportunity to make up for our mistakes. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for reaching out to us.