“I love this place ”

Price range: US$15 - US$100
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I have never been disappointed with the food or service at this restaurant. In my opinion there are not many great steak restaurants in the Rochester area and this place is my favorite. Every dish was a delight and the thing I love the most is they have some unique items on their menu that I have never had before like the sweet potato cakes. Additionally the waitstaff is fun, knowledgeable and not to impeding. Everyone should try this restaurant but make sure you call ahead and reserve a table or you might not get seated.

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review and share with us your experience. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We were greeted very nicely and seated right away. My lobster bisque was good not great. My wife loved the crab legs and my daughter loved her filet. I had the special...bone in filet. A little disappointing, not as good as I was hoping for. The service on the other hand was superb. Not trying to sound cheap but it was my daughters birthday and the candle and cake that they brought out was a great idea but I would have thought it should have been complementary.

Jimmy, thank you very much for your review. I'd like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for the less than stellar dining experience you had with us. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service, we are concerned about the food issues mentioned. I would like to speak with you further about this. Please send us an email with the date you dined and your reservation name and we will work quickly to make up for this poor experience. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Went for lunch with friends, everyone ordered different items. I started with cup of lobster bisque, then had "black and blue" salad. Amazing!!

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Tim, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review and share with us your experience. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We have been to the B&B a number of times for special celebrations, and it always has been good. My favorite dish has been the 2lb. Alaskan King Crab. Our visit on 09/03/2017 was a real disappointment. The crab, which I request to be removed from the shell, is a $75 charge. In the past, it was delicious. On this visit, there was cartilage in every large bite of crab. The others in our party seemed happy with their meals, so this represents my opinion. Our server was excellent with just enough attentiveness.

Kiley M, Guest Relations Manager at Black & Blue Steak & Crab, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience in our restaurant. This is certainly not what you should expect from us. I want to assure you that we will be sharing your notes with the kitchen team to make the appropriate adjustments, immediately. If you don't mind, please send us an email so we can speak with your further about what we can do for you. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Had a really nice meal here with friends. We had to book in advance as it is a busy place. The service was great, very attentive. The menu was excellent, I had the fillet steak and mash potatoes! and a red Malbec from Argentina. Well recommended.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience and look forward to sharing it with the entire b&b team. Thank you again!