“Good for a change”

Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

Overall the food was good. It was a cute, little sandwich shop. Prices were a little high and it wasn't exactly kid friendly. It was ok to try once.

Reviewed November 21, 2016

We had heard good things about Open Face and decided to check it out for a weekend Lunch. I was torn between the "open face" and the "open melt" but was able to try both with the "Tastings", which give you 2 different half sandwiches and a side for $10. Both were incredible, and so were the baguette chips. Favorite was the roast beef open face with the garlic mushroom soup on top. Definitely will be going back

Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

Open Face know how to do sandwiches. They also know how to do soup, coffee, tea, and baked goods. This is comfort food through and through. Their corn mash sandwich is my favorite. They also have a penny candy selection and tea apothecary. I can not say enough positive things about this place.

Reviewed June 20, 2015

A friend took me to Open Face for the first time, and I was surprised that I hadn't heard about it before. It's a very small place in a very old building (which is a big big plus in my book), decorated in "eclectic-hipster."

You order at a counter and the server brings your food to you. The menu is surprisingly long (there are also daily specials) and has a lot of interesting sandwiches on it, as well as salads. You can choose two (a half sandwich of each kind) or a soup or salad and half-sandwich. It's a good way to sample a lot of different kinds of things. You choose your bread and your sides as well; the ginger carrots were very good and very sharp. The sweet pepper bisque was very good. They also have a wide range of drinks, including espresso drinks, different varieties of soft drinks, and Moxie!

The menu is varied, the offerings are interesting and well-prepared, presentation is very attractive. The counter staff are pleasant and helpful, and you don't have to bus your own table! What's not to like? I have already made a second visit, bringing along my husband this time, and we are sure to be back.

Reviewed February 27, 2015

Stopped for a quick bit on a cold February afternoon. We all opted for soup of the day--a very tasty cabbage soup. Since our lunch was rather late and we had early dinner reservations, we passed on the sandwiches from the menu. The variety of the sandwiches was very impressive. If they match the quality of the soup, they would be very delicious indeed. The interior is rather small--six four tops. I'm sure they do take away. Sandwiches for vegans as well as carnivores. Prices commensurate with the quality.