1,102 results
All reviews rooftop bar free valet parking double tree fire pit great hotel art gallery top floor george eastman house park avenue cookies family wedding king suite living room shuttle service rooms are spacious would highly recommend this hotel business trip
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We stayed att his hotel overnight while visiting the children's play museum which was 7 minutes away. The great thing about this hotel is the prompt shuttle service so we really enjoyed this. Great for a quick stop over and clean rooms. The hotel also has great resteraunt and a wonderful brunch menu. The location of hotel is in a great area close to everything.

1  Thank JosieFiggs
jayrettberg, Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Thank you so much for the review. We take great pride in our hotel and we appreciate you noticing! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We tend to exclusively stay in Hilton properties and this one is a cut above the rest. Well appointed rooms, clean, a beautiful lobby and wonderful staff ...ALL friendly, even down to a maintenance man in the elevator asking me if I am enjoying my stay...made this an excellent experience. Good job Strathallan! I hope you will let the staff know what a great job they are doing. I see why you have so many awards in the lobby. Love the location. Best of all are the balconies, allowing you to escape outside on a summer evening. We will be back!

1  Thank muckab0uts

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Amazing view of the city...cute little extra with a warm cookie at check in and somebody working the elevators...however I rented a suite for my sisters bachelorette party and had a reservation at the rooftop bar and when we were finished eating we went outside to the rooftop as advertised but were asked to leave the open area because a wedding reception was in progress. The area we were allowed to be was too crowded so we just left. After we returned from the bars I returned to the rooftop bar and asked about after hours food service, and the bartenders response was condescending and snarky, just lack of customer service and a smile. I understand they probably paid a lot for a wedding to be held there but I paid lot for a suite room and didn't feel I was given over the top service because of the wedding. It's a really nice hotel and great location however.

Date of stay: August 2016

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your special occasion. I am sorry we did not accommodate you as we should have. I appreciate your feedback so we can better ourselves. Please call the hotel and ask for Helen S. so we can make this right for you. Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

I want to give a public thank you to Nicholas Massimillian-the General Manager at Char Steak and Lounge at the Strathallan. My husband and I received a very nice gift card to the restaurant and misplaced it by accident. Nicholas went above and beyond to trust that I had not used the gift card and honored the original amount (credit card statements and date of purchase was provided but without a serial number to the card, it was difficult to track). He welcomed us warmly and we had once again, a wonderful dinner at what I believe to be one of the best restaurants in Rochester. If you are visiting, make this a must-do.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate every guest and strive to exceed expectations...glad to hear we succeeded. We look forward to your return

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Warm chocolate chip cookies await, and if it's at the end of connecting flights in Chicago with multiple delays and you arrive several hours later than anticipated, then it's a welcome treat. Rochester doesn't have a real skyline, so I can't recommend the view but the hotel is pleasant, clean, with a nice bar, and the staff were great.

Room tip: 9th floor has the bar -- and more traffic
Date of stay: July 2016