“Comfortable”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
florida
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Have been on the road for 4 weeks, 3 hotels, this one is the most comfortable. The suite is spacious with living area/full kitchen/comfortable bed and pillows/ bathroom layout great. Full breakfast every morning and manager meals M-TH/beer & wine/ well done. Good service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Comfortable, large studio suite with all the usual amenities. Easy to use HVAC. Nice bed and pillows. Convenient location if you have a car, as the nearby highway can get you anywhere in the Rochester region. As another reviewer noted, the staff were surprisingly unfriendly upon arrival. Rochester is usually very welcoming, but the hotel was busy the night before and people seemed stressed. My room was pricey for this area. I would stay again if the price were right.

• Stayed October 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This was my first time staying at the Residence Inn in Rochester. The location is actually in Greece, NY. The price was not bad for a 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite. I had a king size bed in both rooms and there were three televisions.

Upon check-in, I was told that my room was not ready, even though it was 3:55 pm and check-in was suppose to have been at 3 pm. The receptionist quickly found us another similar room.

There were mostly good things about the hotel, great breakfast included in the price. The breakfast staff was great and kept the food coming. There was always a large crowd in the breakfast room, but no problems with good food.

I had sausages, waffles and eggs. The hotel was clean for the most part and the location was great. The cleaning crew were super, when I needed more towels they were quick and helpful.

It was easy to navigate around Rochester from the hotel and all major stores were close by on Ridge Ave or 390.

The negatives were few, but one was major. Upon check-in the staff was courteous, but very dry. It was no welcome to Rochester, it was like a "you're in room 333, here are you're keys". I was curious as to what was in the immediate area, but I now know not to expect any help. The brochures that tells you what is in the immediate area were placed down the hallway, around the corner near the elevators, which is a very odd place and hard to find. I didn't take the elevators (I took the stairs), so I discovered them on my last day at the hotel.

The big negative was as I was checking in, I noticed a dog in the hotel.
I asked the receptionist were dogs allowed and she said sure. If I would have known that dogs were allowed, I would have stayed somewhere else.

I saw animals on different floors and I thought they were limited to one area of the hotel, but obviously not. I'm not sure if dogs had been in my room or not (prior to my arrival), but there was dog hair in the hallway. The dog hair was gone when i returned from eating later that evening.

I asked that question when booking my room and was told no. I didn't book via the hotel chain, so I can't blame them.

Now I know

Room Tip: Book early, but this hotel allow animals.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

What can I say except that this is the first hotel I have reviewed twice. Yes, I like it THAT much! It is definitely my "go to" place in my hometown of Rochester (where my family still lives). I cannot say enough about this hotel whether it is the facility, staff, location or rooms. They are all great. I stayed for 5 nights this time and would have had no problem staying longer but then that is what the Residence Inns are for and that is what makes me a loyal Marriott customer. The hotel was fairly full and was still one of the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in. Another great amenity is the free breakfast even though you have your own kitchen in your room. It was a nice convenience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We have stayed at several Residence Inns but found this one by far to be the best and certainly the cleanest of all. We stayed here for 4 days in January. The location is the best. Super easy access to the 390. Lots and lots of restaurants and shopping all along Ridge Road. We did not partake in the breakfast but chose to cook/eat in our room instead so I cannot comment on that. We chose to have our room cleaned just once and they did a fantastic job. My family lives in Rochester so this is our new go-to hotel there. Excellent staff by the way.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 29 August 2008

We spent 5 nights here (while visiting family) on Marriott points, so I can address the value for price issue. But it is a very nice property. Comfortable rooms and bed, adequate kitchen, washer/dryer on each floor and a very good breakfast with hot food--eggs, breakfast meat, pancakes & waffles. Free internet access in the room and a new feature where you can print from your laptop to the printer at the front desk (for free) but the print job doesn't get printed until you put a release code in, so no one else can see/take your print job.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank RuthMc
Long Island
Reviewed 22 August 2005

My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at the Residence Inn Rochester/ West/Greece for 5 nights. The hotel was nice and clean and the employees were very friendly. There was a free breakfast buffet ebery morning. The variet was good. The pancakes and french toast were not all that great. It tasted bland. There was also an eveing buffet Monday through Thursday but we did eat dinner at the hotel. The room was nice and clean and my husband enoyed the free interent connection. The only problem we had was that we could hear the people in the room next to us get up every morning. We usally awaken at 8:30 AM every day. They were up at 6 AM every day. Needless to say we were not happy with this. That was our only complaint. We will probably stay here again in the future. Request a room change if this happens again. There was also an indoor pool and weight room.

5 Thank JnetPerx