“Nice, comfy Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Tennessee
“Nice, comfy Hotel”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I always look at the value for what you pay. This hotel has good value. My room was clean all around. It is located near the airport and I did not hear jet noise. Friendly staff. Bathrooms were clean and big enough. The TV was a nice updated flat screen with plenty of channels.
There were plenty of plugs for me to plug in my two phones and my iPad to recharge.
The mini fridge was nice to have, all though I'm not sure if all the rooms have them.
The beds where very comfy along with nice sheets, duvet and pillows. I like cotton based pillows since I am allergic to down. and I just hate down pillows, so these were great since they were fluffy cotton. Location: 5-10 mins from airport, 15-20 from downtown.
I had no bad experience at all or any negative comment about this hotel - and I'm pretty critical!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This Marriot property is ok.....it was clean and the staff very friendly. We loved the 2 sinks in our single room - 1 inside the bathroom and 1 outside the bathroom...very convenient for a family of 4. I wish we could have had 2 queens....2 double beds just don't cut it for 4 of us! And our kids were disappointed that the pool was out of order...wish we would have known about this when we made the reservation....we would have stayed at the Residence Inn located just in front of this property. The location is convenient...just a minute away from the Mall at Greece Ridge (there is a Panera there if you're looking for coffee in the am.....no Dunkin Donuts around!) The heating/ac was loud (I think this was the "white" noise I heard).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SandyBeach86
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 December 2011

A spacious, clean room and friendly desk service--what you'd expect from a Courtyard by Marriott. The only drawback of my room (202) was a steady whooshing sound all night, as if the person above was taking a shower. I doubt this was the case, so it must have been the heating system. The white-noise sound persisted no matter where I set the thermostat, Maybe it was because the room is at the end of the hall? If I'd stayed another night, I would have asked for a different room, just for comparison.

Because I didn't have a car, I especially appreciated that the hotel is within walking distance of an Olive Garden, Applebees, and a pub-like place that offered 15% off with room key. It's rare to have three restaurant choices when staying at a highway hotel.

There's only one public computer that I saw (in the lobby near where they serve breakfast). Connection was lightning-fast and fortunately there was no competition to use it.

The hot breakfast buffet was quite good with scrambled eggs, potatoes, and fruit among the choices. Wish that hotels would realize that many folks like plain yogurt!

Room Tip: Try a room other than 202 to see if the white noise is less.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel was a disappointment for a Marriott Hotel. We stayed here overnight on our way to Philadelphia. The room was exceptionally small and the heating system was horrendously noisy. We turned it off totally before midnight but the noise from the fan in the bathroom remained all night. Although the bed was clean and quite comfortable, sleep was disturbed on and off all night with the noise from the fan. Probably the noisiest stay we have had anywhere. The pool was not operating on the day of our visit so cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: Make sure not to stay in the handicapped room...both tiny and noisy!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Nice place to stay. Quiet location near some awesome restaurants. Indoor pool is nice.

• Stayed December 2010
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Like any other Courtyard, it has a good sized queen bed, with sofabed. Bathroom is basic but functional. The hotel carries the essentials like good wifi, pool, fitness center and free parking.

My room had a problem with the ac unit and it was fixed almost straight away. When the problem returned later though, another room was offered and complimentary breakfast vouchers offered.

The location was good - close to a nice bar and restaurant.

The staff were ok, not overly nice, but ok.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Zippy321
Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We stayed for 3 nights during the Easter weekend. The area had a couple more 3-star hotels like Residence Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Courtyard is right beside the freeway and our suite is facing it, but we do not hear any noise. Our 1-bedroom has a French door separating the living area and the bedroom, which is nice. There is also a small table with four seats for quick breakfast or snacks, plus a small refrigerator and microwave. It is not as convenient as a kitchen with stove, but for short stays it is better than hotel room. (The Residence Inn next to Courtyard did have kitchens that may be better for longer stays). The hotel pool is quite small but there is a whirlpool next to it. We took advantage of the Canadian Resident offer and got 20% off the regular room rate, which is quite reasonable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family