“Neighborhood Pub”
Review of Monaghan's

Monaghan's
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed March 10, 2016

Monaghan's is part of the fabric of Rockville Centre. The staff is friendly, the beer is cold and there's a nice variety and the food is great. Pub food? Sure, but it goes quite a bit beyond that and anyone's tastes can be satisfied. Niall and his bride pride themselves on being part of the community and the service, food and fun reflect their warmth and good cheer
Steak Tidbits, Shephards Pie, Steak and Chicken dishes all are delicious and the atmosphere is comfortable

Reviewed February 16, 2016

Only a few days before Valentine's Day, I was looking for a restaurant in this area to take the family and my mom for dinner. Of course, all of the "more expensive" places were booked solid, but I was easily able to get a reservation at Monaghan's (very pleasant over the phone).

Frankly, I'm happy I didn't get a reservation elsewhere, because the meal was thoroughly enjoyable.

Service: everyone was super friendly, and I can't count how many times various staff and ownership stopped by the table to check on us and make sure everything was perfect.

Food: six people ordered six different things and I don't think one person said anything negative about anything they ordered. In particular, the seafood chowder was "crazy good" (puff pastry on top was delicious). But they have such a varied menu, that it was really no problem for everyone to find something they liked (from my younger son, who basically only eats fried appetizers, to my older son, who basically only eats steak). Portions were all generous and nobody was even hungry enough to order to dessert (a rarity in this family).

Only slight negative (if you can even call it that) was that the meal cost a bit more than I expected (about $35/person). But, really, the food was worth it (just surprised me, is all).

We would definitely return.

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed January 21, 2016

Stumbled onto this gem while I was talking a walk to get out of my hotel room. Can't say enough positive things about the staff and the clientele. NY'er's tend to get a bad rap for being pushy or rude...not so at Monaghan's. I sat down at the bar and before I knew it I'd made some new friends. My fish and chips hit the spot and the drinks were cold! Thanks Trish...you're a great bartender.

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Stopped by twice for a couple of beers - this place is run by a very friendly, hard-working couple with a nice bunch of staff. Good range of tap beers at fair price - worth a visit...

Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

I love this place ! We ate here for Easter and the food was amazing !! The portions are big ! The harvest salad is amazing my fav I wish I could eat it everynight ! I can't wait to go back and the owners are real nice I recommend this place to everyone !