See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2016

I should've know this wasn't going to be pleasant when every room in the area was booked except for this motel. You enter through the door labeled Motel Office and find yourself in a bar. The day I was here, there were some locals at the bar with no employee in sight. I left but turned around when I saw someone swatting at bugs with a broom. She took me inside the kitchen area to take my information. The kitchen was dirty and cluttered. I should've run when I had the chance. I still took a room and was told the room was located in the building between the restaurant and the brewery. I was disheartened when I approached the motel. It is a dirty, rundown looking thing left over from some long-past, sad life. When I entered the room, the room was dreary, looked dirty, and had stained blinds on the windows. The windows had layers of filth on the sills. There were spiderwebs/cobwebs in all the ceiling corners, along the air conditioner, and across the ceiling. The spiders in these webs were gigantic. They were about the size of a fifty cent piece. These were not daddy longlegs, they were the spooky kind of spiders. Willing to walkout on a paid for room, I then tried to find another room, anywhere, and was unable to find a room that was under an hour away. I was stuck. I spent most of the night watching various spiders lower themselves about a foot and a half down from the ceiling, only to crawl back up. I think they did this just to torment me. In the morning, there was no-one around to turn in the key to, so I just left it in the unlocked room. I have camped in tents and lean-tos that were cleaner and had fewer bugs. Never, never again.

Room Tip: Run away, while you still can.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank GrumpyandtheOldLady
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

The "Rockland House Motel & Restaurant" are one in the same (See restaurant review).

I made advanced reservation to stay at this place "after" our reunion.  I received "favorable" reviews that this was a nice place, so I paid $120.00 for two rooms, which I thought was a bargain but would later regret.

On the day that we were supposed to arrive, I made numerous calls throughout the morning and into the afternoon before someone answered the phone.

When I inquired about our reservations, I got the following replay; "ya, I recalled seeing your name somewhere on the sheet this morning."

I arrived at our destination to the sign of "Hotel Check In" next to the "Rockland Restaurant."

I walked into the "Check In"/"Restaurant" only to walk into a bar?

When I asked where the "hotel check in" was, I  was directed to follow this lady into the "kitchen" to  pay for our rooms???  To say I was surprised was an understatement.

The lady who checked me in also doubled as the waitress, which explained why I had to ask "where was the motel check in?" The Motel was located next to the restaurant but check in was in the "restaurants kitchen!?"

Our room smelled "musty" and had insects on the ledge (moths). There was a "stick" to prevent the sliding window from opening all the way and had no way of locking the window!!

The floor wasn't vacuumed, torn bed cover and a closet wall, which was broken!

The other room was in the same condition but no locks for the sliding window. When I asked our "waitress" about there being no locks, the response I got was, "oh nothing happens here, your safe?"

I was also "assured" that there is a lock for the windows, which there wasn't. Our waitress said she spoke with "Paul?" who was in the bar and was the manager!?

I was curious if he was the manager for the both the restaurant and motel because both fell under the same name?

Bottom line was "their manager" didn't know what he was talking about or didn't care about his customers!

I gave my "wood slat" to my wife and daughter  for their room and my son and I would deal with anyone who decided to enter our room through the window!!!!  Unfortunately, I had a "restless" night worrying.

Overall our overnight stay was an unpleasant experience.

They said they had WiFi but between several phones it didn't work.

The rooms were not cleaned, no security locks for their windows, dead insects, etc...

It's true, you get what you pay for.

I try never to "sugar coat" my experience and apologize to anyone who maybe offended but I try and give the reader an "unbiased and honest assessment" of my experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Holdtheair
Reviewed February 8, 2016

We were traveling from NYC Laguardia to a relative's house, had a late arrival and wanted a cheap place about half way. This fit the bill -- my brother-in-law said the nearby Roscoe Diner was amazing so we wanted to be close. This would be great for fishermen, or dudes having a weekend by the water. It's very basic. The sliding closet door obscures the thermostat when open. The sliding bathroom door DID NOT CLOSE -- we had to all agree not to go near the bathroom when others were using toilet or shower. Nice hot water, everything was clean but VERY WORN. It's only $55, and a couple of hours from NYC, in an isolated part of the state, so it did the trick but i wouldn't go there as a destination... They have a lovely restaurant and a nearby brewing company, and only 3/4 mi to tiny "downtown" boutique district with Roscoe Diner another 1/4 mi down the road. Only a mile off the highway -- very easy.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2015

We stayed here July4-5th of 2015. we stayed in room #1. They are a motel/restaurant. We got a basic room. It came with a frig and we were right next store,to make coffee and tea. The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable. The staff is so friendly and kind.
We met the owners at the bar that night. The owners are family orientated, sweet and a lot of fun. They thanked us for our stay. We left the key in room,left the door unlocked and that was our check out. Simple and easy. I would definitely recommend it. We plan on staying there again, once we make plans to see our family that live in Roscoe,N.Y. If you want luxury, this isn't the motel for you. Family and fun, is what this place is all about. They are the kindest owners you will meet in a long time. see I told you I would give you a great review. You deserve it. candycorncats signing off.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2014

The owners are very nice and the property is beautiful but the rooms are musty and take your breath away when you open the door. My husband has asthma and my father has lung cancer. They were both suffering when in the rooms. On top of that, the window had no screen so we couldn't even air the room out. Everything was dusty in side. The carpet was old and gross. I was afraid to take my shoes off. There was no TV remote and the wifi barely worked inside the room. The shower was nice at first until someone else in the building started using their water and then I lost all water pressure and the water became freezing cold. Happened twice during my 10 min shower. Overall, I was grossed out and disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family