“Comfortable eating there alone”
Review of Roscoe Bistro

Roscoe Bistro
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Roscoe
Reviewed February 25, 2016

It's very rare for me to find a place I'm comfortable eating at alone. The Roscoe Bistro has just the right amount of something that I don't feel uncomfortable popping in grabbing a gyro and reading my kindle. The waitress was efficient without being intrusive. The other customers were friendly and non judgmental. I've been there probably 4 times and never had a bad experience.

Reviewed December 13, 2015

The food was very good, the service awesome in a nice atmosphere. The town is small nut very friendly with a good variety of shops.

Reviewed October 11, 2015 via mobile

Been here a few times. Food is good. But in my opinion way over priced. They used to have a smaller place across the street where the gun shop is now. Friendly staff. But they go through cooks often. The design of the business is very nice. Wine barrels as the tables with high top chairs. A few sit down tables. All wood and brick walls. Few bottles of wine. I will go back. I like it here.

Reviewed September 6, 2015 via mobile

Called in for a quick lunch one day. The service was good and the food arrived in reasonable time. The food was tasty and well prepared.

Reviewed September 6, 2015

I went there on September 3rd and it was a horrific experience definitely not allergy friendly. I ordered a chicken Caesar salad and explained that I had an egg allergy and could not have the dressing, and asked for alternative dressing on the side. When the salad came out it was covered with the Caesar dressing and had my alternative dressing on the side. I politely reminded the server that I had an allergy and could not eat the Caesar dressing, she said with an attitude that it would be fixed. Mind you the chicken was also coated with the Caesar dressing, she returned with a "new" salad withing five minutes. When the server returned she was extremely unfriendly and this time, it was just lettuce and the chicken very messily thrown on top of it. It was minus all the other ingredients such as croutons and Parmesan cheese, which let me know they were obviously mad about having to redo the salad. I thought it was a little too quick for the chicken to be completely redone, but the the server ensured me it was a whole new salad. I took one small bite of the chicken and immediately began having issues with my breathing and anaphylactic symptoms. After almost ten minutes I was able to get it under control, during the entire time of coughing and difficulties no one came over to check the table at all. The check was delivered, when I went up to pay, I informed our server who was also the cashier about the salad that I couldn't eat and the difficulties breathing that I had. Her reply was "the food was different and new, I did not know what I was talking about. I offered my friend my salad since I could not eat it and when I scooped it into the take out container, the entire bottom of the plate was covered in the Caesar dressing. I brought the plate to the server and showed her the dressing and she looked me right in the face and told me that I did not know what I was talking about it was a new meal and plate.
This was completely unprofessional in every way. They honestly could have killed someone with this act. I am just so glad that the piece I chicken I tasted was tiny enough no to go into full anaphalaxis.