See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2011

An “Inn” by definition this place is not. There was a pervasive smell of sewer gas, a mostly absent innkeeper, and the lack any touches to make a place cozy, such as room mirrors, Kleenex, towel racks. There was no accommodation for wet pool things, as well as no brochures to familiarize ourselves with the local history or current activities of the area. Our first contact with the “Innkeeper” was one of confrontation - banging on our door to address bathing suits hung in an open-air porch so as not to put them on the wood floor in our room was outlandish. This is in fact a place that "lets" rooms, no more no less. This place lacks a dedicated “Innkeeper” as indicated by the note on the kitchen counter on our last day suggesting we should enjoy the half eaten cake from the day before. We took our leave, without so much as a word of thanks, or wave of farewell.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank clif2nites
Cherylfrank, Owner at Roxbury Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

First of all this woman believed I was a B&B and I am just a B. I don't serve breakfast and it is stated on my website as clearly as possible. I always let people know this and it was described accurately on Bloomspot (the booking agent for her reservations). I make every effort to please and communicate and still I do expect that miscommunications will happen at times. I do recommend 2 great breakfast places just steps from my front door. Guest's can find a hearty country breakfast that is affordable $7 - $8 and delicious. What can I say, this guest had a chip on her shoulder when she realized breakfast wasn't served breakfast here. As far as things to do in the area, I'm always happy to suggest places for travelers to visit. In fact, I have an extensive resource of activities and restaurants on my website:L roxburyvillageinn.com. Their are many wonderful things the Catskills have to offer. I also have a large book of brochures I keep on the breakfast room table so when guests enjoy a cup of coffee and fresh baked goods they can browse this.
It is true that when I saw her dripping wet under garments and swim suit hanging in public areas I did politely ask her if she could place these in a dedicated area to dry. I offer a lot of privacy for the discriminating traveler. Much of my clientele are travel savvy New Yorkers who are seeking peace and quiet from hectic city life. I have worked very hard to create a soothing, peaceful and aesthetically enjoyable environment. I offer my services without intruding unless I'm engaged by guests. Everyone is welcome here and I welcome back so many folks for many many years now.