Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews themed rooms fire pit continental breakfast steam room hot tub thought of everything owners and staff dance floor main office one of a kind can't wait to go back spiral staircase coconut cream pie cool place spa passes little details yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2020 via mobile

I absolutely adored staying in my own castle. Everything from the ambiance inside the room to the tolietry goodie bags in the bathroom contributed into making our stay lovely. We felt like royalty. There's a waterfall behind the cottages with areas to have picnics or just enjoy the views. I'm already picking out my next room! The staff was very kind and accommodating.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed October 16, 2020

My friends and I were looking for a Covid friendly adventure to celebrate our September birthdays. This was perfect!! The staff, the decor, the atmosphere, amazing! ( Even the sheets were were magical) I can not say enough good! Everything was SO SO clean, the remotes, the hairdryer, all wrapped and sanitized. We stayed in Cinderellas Dress, the details were mind blowing! We truly felt like royalty! Thank you for lifting our spirits in a dreary time! One suggestion.. Open a restaurant on the grounds! You guys would do an amazing job : )

Room tip: All the rooms,pick one, it will be awesome!
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed October 3, 2020

My husband and I were planning on a trip overseas for our 10-year anniversary and like most people, because of covid, those plans were paused. So we decided to take a chance and be closer to home, but my husband stressed “wow me with the room” and there are no other words than WOW when you come to the Roxbury! Wow is an understatement in my opinion. From the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty. I went thru Booking.com and they put us in 3 different rooms. But I looked online and the rooms are so unique that I was excited for the room changes. We were greeted by people who made us feel like family. There were personalized messages in each of our room changes from the owners... our first night was in the MOD POD and it’s so cute! It was absolutely adorable and the owners left us with a celebratory champagne and glasses! Because of covid, the level of detail that was paid attention to for cleanliness far surpassed our expectations! Next room was SAMANTHA’s CLOUD which was even more adorable than the first room. Again, same exceptional level of cleanliness and the attention to details is much appreciated! During our stay, because we were renewing our vows, they we’re planning on upgrading us to Stratton Falls location. Impressive is my word for Stratton Falls! We were privileged to stay in the Mansion in the BEAUTIFUL BLACKSMITH room and is so far my favorite room! The owner’s creative and beautiful details thru all of these rooms makes each room gorgeous. They didn’t cheap out on anything. The linens are top notch, the lighting is everything. Each room is so tastefully done, I feel like the Stratton Brothers themselves would have been beyond proud of how their property is being cared for. Last but not least, we were upgraded a final time to the incredible GALILEO’s GATE cottage towers! Again, cleanliness off the charts, attention to creative details... impeccable, level of treatment, you can’t get better care from anywhere else in NY, NJ, PA... anywhere. When you’re out in the middle of nowhere... and you really are in the middle of nowhere, they make you feel the most comfortable you can. And if you don’t, they really go out of their way to make it happen. We did kayaking, horseback riding and a little hiking. Because covid ruins a lot, there were a few close by places closed but we enjoyed our time figuring out the area. The town of Roxbury is very small but the only reason people come there is because of The Roxbury Experience. Lol just kidding town of Roxbury... our wedding/vow renewal was absolutely picturesque with the legendary Stratton Falls as our backdrop and Greg the owner officiating it we couldn’t ask for a better day. He was wonderful and his words were so touching! Thank you so much EVERYONE at the Roxbury Experience for giving us the royal treatment and an anniversary we will never forget!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Revolution B
Reviewed October 2, 2020

What a wonderful getaway. This was a great meeting spot for a quick visit with our daughter, who lives in Jersey City. We stayed in a room at the main lodge and enjoyed the pool, hot tubs and steam room. We walked to the beautiful Stratton Falls and enjoyed the fall scenery, getting some other nearby waterfall hikes in, as well. Cannot say enough about the staff at the Roxbury and their attention and concern with our comfort. In addition, during the pandemic, they have gone above and beyond what you would expect to ensure everyone stays safe. Highly recommend! Thank you for a great break during this stressful time!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed September 24, 2020

Email to the owners following our stay:

Thank you for offering such a safe and wonderful retreat at the Roxbury Mansion. As we all have our own personal struggles through Covid, managing pregnancy has been ours. After reading your Covid materials on the website, speaking to your friendly and informative staff on the phone, and consultation with our doctor, we decided to take a Babymoon at the Roxbury. We are so glad we did!

We felt safe from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. We were truly able to relax, unwind and get some much needed quality time alone together before we welcome our second child. We were beyond impressed with the level of care and cleaning we witnessed at the property particularly at the pool. We loved that you found a way to safely offer breakfast which was I’m sure quite challenging! I felt safe in the rooms knowing there was a waiting period between stays and that hand sanitizer and personally wrapped, sanitized products were generously offered.

We never needed to walk more than a few feet before coming across a hand sanitizing station particularly by the doorways, which was an appreciated convenience so I wasn’t constantly digging out my own. We were able to go hiking, eat breakfast on the veranda each morning and enjoy the local outdoor dining opportunities. The on-site waterfall via a short hike and the sitting areas on the trails were PERFECT for pregnancy!

Our favorite part of our stay was simply enjoying the property, whether it be be lounging by the pool, sitting on our private deck (we stayed in the Postmaster Suite) or meandering around the property taking in all the aesthetic details. Given the boutique nature of the mansion we felt almost like we had the place to ourselves. Even at the pool we appreciated how the chairs were limited and spaced well apart, the times for the pool were tightly managed and sanitizing machines were used on the chairs every time someone left. All the safety measures at the pool made us quickly go from skeptical to never wanting to leave! We wish every pregnant couple (and non-pregnant!) could experience a weekend away at The Roxbury. Thanks for making it an unforgettable memory we’ll cherish always! Can’t wait to come back!

Date of stay: August 2020