“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sag Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sag Harbor
Sag Harbor Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sag Harbor
New York
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Visted this hotel off-season with my husband and two children. It looks much nicer on the outside than it is inside. The carpets are threadbare and frayed and the bedding is cheap. However, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. A crib was provided for our toddler at no extra charge. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would probably stay here again, primarily because it seems the best choice in an area where choice is limited.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband & I recently spent a lovely romantic weekend in Sag Harbor and staying at the Sag Harbor Inn was ideal! Beautiful strolls along the waterfront to town for fun shopping, great meals and music. Our room was clean, comfortable & relaxing with a wonderful view of the harbor. The friendly staff, welcoming breakfast lounge and discounted winter rates are a big plus. We will definitely book this stay again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

I have family and friends who either live or have rented summer homes in the village of Sag Harbor. So my husband and I know from many visits over 20 years what a beautiful getaway the town and its surroundings are. We recently escaped the city to the Sag Harbor Inn, which we have strolled by very often, and were very happy with the clean but simple accommodations for the weekend.

Our room with a balcony faced the harbor side--spectacular sunset and sweeping view of idyllic cove and town bridge in the distance. The bed was fine, although the furniture is a quaint, country style--which was fine with us. And we loved the inn's continental breakfast and dining room before heading out into the day. The staff were very courteous. Not luxury, go somewhere else for that; but all in all, our experience plus the low-cost, off-season pricing ensure that when our friends are not home, we now have a corner of beauty and serenity there whenever we desire it.

Room Tip: My husband and I loved the very simple, but separate, two-sink/dressing area accommodation.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Antoinette138
Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

The major difference between the Sag Harbor Inn and Red Roof Inn is everything. The Red Roof inn is cleaner, newer, frendler and a lot cheaper. They get the prices because it in Sag Harbor but it is bad.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank janestacy
new england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is not the 4 seasons but given the limited choices its a nice place, clean and offers a GREAT location. Pool is OK and a short walk to everything but the beach. This is the Hamptons so its not cheap but compared to to Barrons Cove next door its a steal.

Room Tip: All depends the 2nd floor marina facing rooms are nice but more costly. If you have kids the downsta...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ctgolftravel
Marlboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Needed a place to stay for wedding in Shelter Island. Pros-clean and large room,and we could control our air-conditioning and a 10 minute walk to a lively town.. Cons- $940 for 2 nights (ok including tax) for the cheapest room-2 beds. not even a hairdryer or make-up mirror- I brought my own. very plain cheap room. I had to pay for the balance of my room before I could even see it! Some of the staff smiled, some different. You go for the area, not the hotel.

Room Tip: bring make-up mirror and hair dryer
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lylw
MA/ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I went to Sag Harbor for a week-long conference, and the group was divided up between the Sag Harbor Inn and the place next door. I was booked at the place next door and only stayed one night, because it was terrible. The folks at the Inn found a way to fit me in for the rest of the conference and were very nice.
The place is pretty decent- it's across from the water and you can walk to the main drag easily. The 1st and 2nd floor rooms have a nice little patio or deck to hang out on. The pool is nice. The breakfast isn't much but they offer plenty of coffee and menus for all the restaurants in town. I've seen people complain about the price but the area is just very expensive. Don't come to Sag Harbor with a $40 a day mentality. The rooms are the nicest you will get out of the 3 options in town and so are the employees.

• Stayed July 2011
14.9 km away
Southampton Long Island Hotel
Southampton Long Island Hotel
#5 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Sag Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!