All reviews loft suite main street dog friendly hotel free bikes outdoor patio new england nice happy hour lovely property nice bathroom off season s cove both mornings stayed two nights very pleasant stay small hotel hotel restaurant american hotel
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Baron's cove for five nights wanting to discover the Hamptons and having too short a stay for a house rental.
We chose the suite so our children would have a pull out sofa to sleep on and we, the king bed. As we arrived, the first disappointment was the rooms- pretty dark and drab and the hotel, although supposedly renovated and overlooking a marina, is on a road (albeit calm) on one end and the parking on the other and lacks light and freshness. I asked to see a better room but at double the price it was more or less the same except with extra beds vs the sofa for the kids.
The biggest disappointment was the pull out sofa whose mattress was such poor quality (basically coils in a stiff sheet) that even the kids could not sleep on it and we had to close the couch and have the kids sleep on the narrow sofa for all the nights (the sheets we put on the sofa for them did not seem to be changed over the 5 days although our bed's were). There was also a very strange cheesy smell from the decorative cushions, maybe from the humidity? - so strong we stored them on top of our closet but could still smell them from our bed. We had friends joining us otherwise we would have shortened our trip.
The bathroom was tiny and the power sockets were loose in ours.
The air conditioning was super noisy.
For this price we expected the excellence we usually get when paying over a thousand dollars a night for resorts in Cape Cod or Europe where even the rollaway beds are for royalty and the decoration is cheerful and airy.

On the positive side, the common amenities were good : pool was small but convenient and the restaurant was delicious. Free bikes, yoga, a tennis court and a ping pong table made the experience better as did the great company of our friends and a couple of great employees at the front desk. The pool closes at 7pm however which would be a great time to use it (closing at 9 would be more reasonable) and with it, the ping pong table and ability to lounge by the water for a drink are forfeited.
The best experience was breakfast on the restaurant terrace.
All in all, I would recommend renting a house or staying at a less expensive place because even though we realize we were paying to be in the Hamptons, some crucial details were way below par to say the least. Come for dinner or breakfast or a drink while listening to live music and Baron's Cove will be charming but the overnight did not work for us.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank mariebb
CRGManagement, General Manager at Baron's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mariebb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Barons Cove with the TripAdvisor community.
I am thrilled to read about the excellent service and employees you encountered at the front desk, and that you appreciated the myriad complimentary amenities on offer at the hotel all summer. I will share your comments about breakfast with our restaurant team – and I couldn’t agree more with your assessment of breakfast on the terrace overlooking the marina.
I’m sorry to read that your experience in your guest room did not meet your expectations. While the summer was certainly tropical in temperature, the pillows should always smell fresh. As for the sofabed, we have purchased TempurPedic toppers for our sofabed mattresses, and will make it a priority to improve the pullout sofa experience so that it is on-par with our great beds. Our maintenance team has been made aware of the noise and power sockets. While it is always great to read entirely positive reviews, please know that we take the shortcomings very seriously, and continually work to improve the experience at Barons.
If you would like to discuss your experience futher, please give me a call directly at the property. I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you.

With kind regards,

Matthew Wheeler

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

My wife, daughter and i spent 4 days at barons cove two weeks ago and had such a relaxing time. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are very comfortable. The staff are all very nice. My daughter loved the pool and the complimentary frose shots really cooled us down from the heat. I have no complaints. The food in the restaurant for breakfast was good. We didn’t eat any other meals there because the prices were insane, but it’s sag harbor so what do you expect. We are already planning another visit there soon

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2018

I liked Barons Cove.....pretty location across the street from a marina and about a 4 minute walk into town. The town of Sag Harbor was uneventful.....not much going on. Had a delicious lunch at Page on 63 Main. The hotel has a nice small outdoor pool....very crowded but they also offer shuttle service to the beach and supply chairs and an umbrella. Location wise I think we were given the worst room in the hotel...#260.....we overlooked the parking lot and dumpsters. I am curious if that is because we booked under a special they had for that night of 25% off. The hotel did not seem fully booked at all so I would have preferred a better location. The room itself was very clean, updated and comfortable.Having spent the day out we chose to have dinner at the hotel. We sat outside and it was beautiful watching the sunset. Both my husband and I loved our meals.....the calamari was probably the best either of us had ever had. Portions were large. After dinner we headed down to the bar for a nightcap and sat outside on the patio.. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. I would like to go back in the fall and maybe visit some vineyards.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phgc5
Reviewed July 25, 2018

This was a lovely hotel in Sag Harbor. We went in July on a weekend so it was quite busy. I would especially like to commend Greg who helped get my bags to my room and went out of his way to help me locate an early morning coffee spot. The room was very clean (it was a loft suite). It was fairly quiet and the beds were quite comfortable. The concierge was also extremely helpful arranging a boat and dinner. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking in the area. The only minus I would mention is that check in was quite confusing, (lobby is small and next to restaurant).

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2018

I really liked this place. The public spaces are quite lovely and the room was modern, well furnished and very clean. The pool was very inviting and the staff was very helpful. However, our room on the second floor facing the parking lot, which was expensive, but not crazy expensive like the rooms facing the bay, had flaws. The room faced east and the blinds on the windows do not block the morning sun (the crazy expensive rooms have heavy drapes). The air conditioner made too much noise.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family