All reviews fish creek ice cream rent a kayak boat livery ice truck new york min drive beautiful lake restrooms trailer firewood campers sites camping privacy ducks kayaking
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

I really can't say enough, Rollins Pond is amazing! This is our second time here, absolutely not the last!!!

There are free hot showers, as long as you want/need, clean bathrooms, large sites with distance between the campsites. Love Love Love it!!!

We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NayTom
Reviewed September 1, 2015

Just returned from a four day weekend at Rollins Pond Campground. I haven't been there since my children were babies and that was just too long to be away. Everything is exactly the same as it was 30 years ago except for the nightly rates for camping. Ouch!

Campsites were just like I remembered, most on the water and pretty well secluded from one another. This was the last weekend in August and a lot of campsites were available. The weather was perfect but the evening were pretty darn chilly. Just like I remembered before the firewood and ice trucks came around twice a day, with a ice cream trailer coming late in the evening.

Restrooms were reasonably clean but not as modern as the ones in Fishcreek. The showers were more than adequate and FREE!. The water pressure and great and the shower heads were excellent.

This year I rented a kayak and travelled from Rollins over to Fishcreek. Surprised I never did this in the past because the rowing was delightful. There are two streams to paddle through and they were great. Paddling was only mildly difficult when the breezes built up on the ponds.

Our site (16) like many others was right on the water and we were able to watch three pairs of Loons. Always a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Staying at Rollins Pond is better if you like more privacy and seclusion. You'll know what I mean when you travel through Fishcreek to get to Rollins. Fishcreek is entirely too wide open and principally for people with motorhomes and large trailers.

Now that I've returned and refreshed my memory of what Rollins Pond is like again, I'll certainly come back again, but this time real soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2015

A beautiful lake deep in the Adirondacks, this is ideal for campers with tents, pop-ups, and small travel trailers. There were several large RVs as well but they looked like a XL person trying to wear a S shirt. There are no electric sites and water spigots are every 6 sites or so. The nights are super dark and super quiet. Most sites on steps away from the lake so the kayak or canoe is always ready to launch for a leisurely paddle around the calm waters alongside ducks and loons. We were camped next to a family with kids that enjoyed riding their bikes down a hill near our site all day. A little noisy but it was great to see kids being that active so we didn't mind. The staff at check in was friendly and efficient and took take of a reservation error on our part easily. The bathrooms are in need of updates and the fireplaces also need to be re-built. This camp has been around for as long as I can remember and is very popular with Adirondack lovers. Would've loved to stay longer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Kim W
Reviewed August 15, 2015

Just got back from our second week long stay. We have three young boys, and this is a very family friendly campground - adjacent to Fish Creek, there are daily activities for kids, beach access, playground, and a nightly visit from an ice cream truck. Beautiful sites, both on water and in the woods. Due to having a toddler, we have yet to book a site on the water, but our boys have loved being in the woods, and the beach is a short drive away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rebekka H
Reviewed August 13, 2015

We stopped in at this campsite looking for a one night stay before our reservations started the next night at a nearby lake. So glad we did! We were given a map and drove to the open sites and chose one right on the water. Actually most of the sites are on the water. We felt lucky to have such a serene place to camp for the night. The restroom and shower facilities were good.

Trip type: Travelled with family