“BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! and a completely incompetent, dismissive staff”

Saratoga Community Court Motel
Saratoga Community Court Motel
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
New York City, New York
“BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! and a completely incompetent, dismissive staff”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! I came here with a few friends for Traver's weekend and all was mediocre until I woke up with red bug bites all over my arms. I ran into another friend who stayed in a room across the parking lot and she was worried that she had been attacked by bed bugs. Naturally, I started to worry, so i went to urgent care to have them identified. They couldn't be 100% sure but concluded that the bites didn't look like anything other than bed bugs. I immediately went to the motel office where I was greeted by a woman who had no idea what was going on. She called the owner and, believe it or not, that's when things really started to go downhill..... HE IS A CROOK!!!!!!! I told him what happened and he just repeated the same line: "you didn't get them here" when it was obvious that I did. He refused to even consider a refund for the room and claimed he wanted our addresses so he could send an apology note?!?!?!? This guy is incapable of running a place worthy of spending your money. Now that I have read that other people have had issues with bed bugs, my friends and I are going to the board of health and the better business bureau. I cannot repeat this enough times- DO NOT GIVE THIS PERSON YOUR MONEY!
Other issues- dirty sheets, gross bathroom, extremely thin walls, a room that shakes every time someone walks past your room, and a man playing the trumpet in the parking lot in the morning. I also have another rash that developed since staying there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My friends and I stayed here this passed weekend and the weekend was great until my friend discovered she he had bed bug bites all over her arms! The person behind the front desk was completely incompetent and when we finally got the owner on the phone he refused to acknowledge the bed bugs and he even refused to give us a refund. We knew a few other people who were also staying there and they also had bed bugs in their room! Among other things, it's filthy and the room shakes every time someone walks passed it. The only good thing was it was close to the rest of town. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed August 2010

Travellers are raving about these Saratoga Springs hotels

Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2010

My wife and I checked into this hellhole at 1:00am. While it looked clean, we showered at settled in to sleep. At 5:00am my wife woke me up and had bites all over her. She turned down the sheets and found bed bugs. We put some of them in a cup and took them to the front desk. The clerk called the owner who was in a room at the same motel. The owner would not come out to check on the problem and instead, yelled at my wife on the phone and threatened to call the police. He refused to give us a refund even though we were absolutely not going back into that room and all the other rooms were booked. The police arrived and said wre had no immediate recourse and that we should call the health dept.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
This is a legitimate review and we called the Saratoga police to have a public documentation of the incident.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaxinvt
New York
Reviewed 7 July 2010

The location is perfect since it's located right in town, and a short walk to the center of downtown Saratoga Springs. The price is great (although I've only stayed here in the off-season) and the staff was nice, but the place is a bit run down. My room had limited electrical outlets (one was trapped behind the bed's headboard which was attached to the wall) and the bathroom was dingy and old. But it seems like the rooms vary because a friend's room looked more modern (perhaps recently renovated) and had more outlets.

The only bad part was this sketchy guy who lives there long term. He sometimes trys to peer into the room and car windows. He also threw a dog biscuit to my dog out of nowhere without asking my permission to feed him.

THE GOOD: Location! You can walk to everything. Pet friendly (in general Saratoga Springs is very pet friendly). Free wi-fi. All the rooms face inward towards the parking lot, so it's a fun atmosphere if you are going with a bunch of friends staying in separate rooms.

THE BAD: Old rooms (particularly the bathroom). Limited electrical outlets. Resident sketchy guy. The parking lot is tight.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2010

completely unhelpful staff, always received the standard line of "the person who deals with that is unavailable, they'll call you back" etc...

run by idiots, please stay anywhere but here.

Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
philadelphia
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I just spent, yet another lovely Easter weekend in Saratoga Springs &, as always was very pleased with C.C.M. It is clean, the water gets nice & hot, the location is splendid if you enjoy leisurely strolls in Congress Park & easy access to Skidmore & downtown it is great. The owners/employees are lovely, friendly, hardworking people & very responcive to any glitches. Disposable income, not being very abundant these days, it is better spent on treating a hungry college student & her friends than on swank digs.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Monaco
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This hotel was very basical. It was clean but the bathroom for exemple was rather old. We had to ask often twice something to the team before we got satisfaction. So it's really not the top, but if you are looking for a not expensive accomodation, that can be a solution.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)