“Mixed results - good choices & deepdish but pricey and slow”
Review of UNO Chicago Grill - CLOSED

UNO Chicago Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Leesburg, Virginia
“Mixed results - good choices & deepdish but pricey and slow”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Six of us (2 seniors, 2 children, 2 grandkids) went on an early Monday evening (before 6) when it was about 25% full. Nothing special with the stuffed mushrooms but the assorted taste plate was good (took close to 15 minutes to arrive). Main meal also took longer than we expected; med-well chedder burger was on the dry side but the deep dish Farmer's Market 9grain pizza was very good. When a soda on tap tops $2.50 I think that adds to "pricey". The server was very good at what she could do. Kids menu was good. Average food and service ratings are just that - the average of some sub-par and some good.

• Visited April 2012

“Dirty”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Very dirty and the manager is to blame, he's surly and has the wrong attitude for someone in his position!

“Burnt Burgers”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was very displeased with my children's burger meals. I did ask for them to be well done, but this burnt, charred and inedible. I thought my kids were being picky, but I tried to eat the burgers later, and I couldn't even take one bite (and I am a fan of overcooked food).
This is the second time going to Uno's, and the food isn't great, although my steak and cheese was yummy, but otherwise I wouldn't take the chance to eat here.

• Visited October 2011
Ballston Spa, New York
“Incorrect Order and Unprofessional Service”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Curbside Takeout order of two pizzas - Deep Dish Pepperoni with Mushroom and Thin crust Mediterranean with Chicken. 1st had no mushrooms and 2nd didn't have chicken. When I brought back in, staff argued with me the feta was chicken and mushrooms were under cheese. Turns out after I dug my finger in the pizza to show no mushrooms, she took them back and added Mushroom & chicken. meanwhile a waiter and waitress are standing at desk with me, arguing over who should get the next table that just walked in and proceed to draw me in, saying to me "she's lying" with a smile and laughing.

• Visited March 2011
“Great Place”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This is a fantastic place for a chain restaurant. My wife and I go in pretty much every Sunday afternoon during football season and go into the bar area to catch the 4:15 games. They have the NFL package and show all the games. Like I have said, even though it is a chain, it doesn't feel like one...with many regulars always hanging out.
The service in the bar area has always been excellent and even when it is crowded there are few times when you wait more than a few moments for something. The girls who tend bar on Sundays wear referee shirts and get into the games with the customers. The managers also come out and talk to the customers and get to know them personally. I would rather go to this place and watch football on a Sunday rather than go to some of the other so-called sports bars in town. The service at the other places does not even compare...and neither does the food. And...unlike the other places, people do not get out of control to the point where you feel uncomfortable. (At one of the other places, a drunk 20something started screaming in my wife's ear and wanted to get into a fight over a Red Sox/Yankees game. It's not like were prudes or anything, were both in our mid 30's, but that was just over the top.)

The food has always been very good. We have tried a bunch of menu items and we have never left disappointed. The menu is huge and there is always something new and interesting. One thing that I especially enjoy is getting a bacon cheeseburger with a side of the Wowza sauce (almost like a horseradish/BBQ/cocktail combination)...a very flavorful burger.

A great place