Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
Expedia.comUS$99
Orbitz.comUS$99
TripadvisorUS$99
TravelocityUS$99
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I stayed here just one night and it was horrible. The blankets on the bed were dirty (had to strip them off) and smelled weird, There was mold in the tub, the bathroom had a terrible mildew oder and the shower walls hadn't been washed in quite some time. I have been cleaning homes for many years and would never rent this room to anyone. Good luck. Never Again

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sandon007
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My family and a friend were visiting Saratoga last minute for an Imagine Dragons concert. When we arrived, I was okay with the fact that it was a motel, because it was a cheap option. But trust me, this place is not JUST a motel. When we walked into the lobby, the owner was sitting there and was incredibly unjust. He said NO KIDDIES ALLOWED IN POOL!! Surprised, I looked at the jailroom pool. Never mind, it looked like a sewer! When I walked into the room, I wanted to cry. The door was covered in muddy fingerprints, the rug was wet with mildew, and there were hideous “paintings” and granny bed spreads with a yellow pee stain. Bed was hard and pillows were lumpy. No alarm clock. There was TV, Microwave, and Fridge, so I will give them that. Mirror was splattered, and the air conditioner was so so loud. The shower and toilet were old, and the bathroom mirror was decayed. No wash clothes or cups, just a cheap hand towel. In other words, the place is a dump. Camping would be better. Not worth any of my pennies, not exaggerating, just trying to share the horror with others. Just one more thing to add, there was a massive bug in the middle of the night crawling around biting my friend and I. We woke up with huge welts that swelled and were extremely painful. We barely made it to the hospital in time, I am praying that we’ll make it out alive in time to see my brother graduate. Bless.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank thehonestreview25
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We stayed at the Tophil Motel for 2 nights during Americade (in Lake George nearby). The room looked freshly painted, bathroom renovated, all very clean and fresh. The fridge had a broken handle but worked and was clean, and that's what counts. Owners were very friendly and welcoming.

Room tip: If you are travelling with a trailer, like we did, ask for an end unit; it is easier to park there with it.
Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Czechlady
Reviewed October 9, 2017

As someone has already said, this is a no frills motel, especially after Labor Day. Main problem is that the air conditioner had the temperature control dial removed (the knob was gone and a tape over the resulting hole read "Do Not Remove") and the A/C was set at the warmest setting to use as little energy as possible. On a day that reached the high 80s, the A/C was struggling to cool the not very well insulated room--we discovered that using the fan only with outside air was actually cooler than the using the cooling system. which isn't saying much. And the windows were sealed shut--the rotating handles had been completely removed. The result was a sweltering and very unpleasant night. Host had made it clear he didn't want to be bothered after hours or before 9:00 a.m. There were other minor cost-cutting measures as well--one of the two hand towels was draped over the tub as a bathmat and the coffeemaker had been removed. Host said he didn't do coffee after Labor Day--either in the rooms or in the lobby. Everything else was adequate, but certainly didn't feel welcoming.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank CLRoffe
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Good price for the Saratoga Springs area, although owner made it clear it was an off season rate.

When we checked in the owner told us he was giving us a Jacuzzi room due to room availability. He made it clear we could not use the Jacuzzi and if we did we would be charged an extra $40. No problem, we just wanted to shower. Asked about ice and was told that the ice machine was broken. To be fair, he offered to give us ice from his refrigerator. We got in the room and found no coffee maker. Also no water glasses. When we asked about those, he got us cups, but said that because we were getting the off season rate, he did not provide coffee makers. Also did not provide coffee in office (or continental breakfast) in off season. Said that we could use the money we saved to buy a good breakfast out. He did give us some coffee cups so we could use the microwave to make tea. Then we found no second hand towel (it was placed on the tub to use as a bath mat). Up to now we were willing to accept his parsimonious approach. However, this got more troubling during the night. It was very warm. We had the AC on, but it was not blowing cool air. We ended up using the fan setting hoping it would blow in cool outside air instead. Despite the sign that said to close windows when using the AC, the windows could not be opened. The handles had been removed on both the main window and the bathroom window. In the middle of the night, my spouse woke up literally ill from the heat and lack of air circulation. We discovered that the AC was not working because the owner had removed the button for the temp setting after setting it at the warmest position, and had taped it over so that it could not be changed. Back to room availability. We were the only occupants in the entire wing we were in. It seems clear that the room availability, towels, etc had more to do with cost cutting on maid help. While I understand the need to be careful about costs, this approach would seem to hurt his business/income more than help.

Date of stay: September 2017