All reviews hanging baskets gas station across the street great place to stay walking distance in town great rate room was spotless stay there again lake george the main street outdoor pool excellent stay convenient location state park carl downtown rates
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here three or four times over the past few years when it was rated the #1 on TripAdvisor. I recommended it to people around the capital region as a modest, well maintained, very clean, friendly motel that is perfectly located in Saratoga Springs at a tremendous value. I was looking forward to returning to the Springs Motel for a night away and a stroll through downtown with my daughter. I am so disappointed.
First, I paid the most for an off season stay than I ever have. Then I noticed the lack of their beautiful hanging flower baskets (maybe too early in the season?) and the addition of cheesy rope lighting around the pool area. Then I noticed that the room hadn't been vacuumed, the drain was clogged and it had no stopper/valve. There was toothpaste spray all over the mirror, dust and grime on top of the fridge, coffee maker, and iron, stained ironing board cover, empty tissue box and sticky residue on the night stand and a dirty toilet bowl. To top it off I was disturbed this morning by a commotion outside my room so I peer out my window and make eye contact with one of several housekeepers sitting outside my window chatting and smoking cigarettes. Lovely. I'm truly bummed I can no longer recommend this motel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Excursion63486
Reviewed March 23, 2018

I booked The Springs Motel for a two Night stay from Mar 23 thru Mar 25 on Mar 13th. I ended up having to cancel the reservation due a death in the family - which cancelled the entire trip. When I tried to cancel the reservation the manager stated that it was non refundable because of the special rate I received and would have had to cancelled by Feb 21st (30 days prior) to get a refund. Which was impossible since the I made the reservation Mar 13th. He said he would call Corporate & explain the situation and call me back. He never called me back. He said he did but my phone did not show any calls or messages form the motel #. I called him back and he stated corporate said no because of the special rate or follow cancellation policy.Seriously, I looked up the rate today for the same motel, and the rate was $ 10.00 lower than my supposed great rate. Since I booked thru Hotel.com - they gave me a coupon at half the value good for one year. I did not want to cancel the trip and motel without a good reason - but they were to greedy to be compassionate and provide a refund. I will never stay there nor recommend it to anyone. Read the fine print and hope if fits your situation.

Room Tip: Read other reviews and Buyer Beware.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank dplisi
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We stayed here one night, checked in late and checked out early on route to somewhere else. Reasonably priced and super clean. No frills but in a good location and a very friendly staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donny N
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for one night and booked the "suite". Unfortunately, we didn't see the review from a previous guest in July. The check-in was very friendly and quick, but I expressed my reservations about the 3 bedroom suite after having read the reviews online. The staff just laughed and said it was fine.

Not sure what their definition of "fine" is, but if there are other rooms available, they should keep guests away from the "suite". The floors were filthy. I don't think they had ever been swept. One bedroom had a broken shade and the door and woodwork was scratched up as if a dog had been locked in it. The air vents were filthy. There were plastic folding chairs at the dining table. The TV was a small one sitting on an end table. There were no curtains on any of the windows to keep out the street lights from the street in the back bedrooms. There is a lock on the cellar door, but just the fact it's there gives it a creepy feeling. The entire suite is sparsely furnished, not even a picture on the walls. There is considerable noise from the office as the room backs up to it.

Definitely, steer clear of the "suite".

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Eli1254
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

From checkin I knew I’d made the correct choice. After a 7hr flight and a 2 hr drive we came, exhausted, to our motel and it was a lovely sight. Cute sign, eclectic little office and two neat rows of traditional Americana in front of us. Checkin Lady was lovely and upbeat, went out of her way to make me feel welcome and knew my name (obviously last one to arrive at 9pm!) gave me key and room directions, explained room was next to ice machine which may be noisy and that if it bothered us she was more than happy to turn off. Got to room and not a peep heard so it was perfect.
Large, clean room. Tv, hairdryer and large mirror over sink with great lights. Toilet and bath in smaller room which was ample and comfortable. Lots of hot water.
Only stayed 1 night but it was exactly what we needed. Fantastic location with loads of fast food options around and a gas station across the street.
Highly recommend this motel, perfect and cheap with no corners cut!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple